MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Cro Cop's agent turned down a fight with Semmy Schilt!

View Single Post

Old 04-17-2008, 01:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
Bonnar426
The American Psycho

Bonnar426 Is Respected By All He CrossesBonnar426 Is Respected By All He CrossesBonnar426 Is Respected By All He CrossesBonnar426 Is Respected By All He CrossesBonnar426 Is Respected By All He CrossesBonnar426 Is Respected By All He CrossesBonnar426 Is Respected By All He CrossesBonnar426 Is Respected By All He CrossesBonnar426 Is Respected By All He CrossesBonnar426 Is Respected By All He CrossesBonnar426 Is Respected By All He Crosses
Cro Cop's agent turned down a fight with Semmy Schilt!

Reason being, Schilt would have been a tough match-up for Mirko!

Quote:
Cro Cop’s agent admits to vetoeing Schilt
Bout between strikers would have happened at Dream 1

Mirko Cro Cop is a perfect example of how in the world of MMA a fighter can go from the highest highs to the lowest of lows over the course of just a few fights – in the Croatian’s case, two. Seen as one of the best of all times, and lethal with his punches and kicks, Cro Cop has been the target of much criticism for having left the UFC with losses and having faced an unknown adversary at Dream 1.

The former policeman defends himself saying he lost the will to fight in the United States and had gone through the greatest crisis of his career, but hopes to recover in Japan, facing the best and returning to the famous octagon. His manager, however, Ken Imai, doesn’t seem to have heard him and admitted in an interview with Japanese Kamipro Magazine that he refused a fight against Dutch three-time K-1 GP champion Semmy Schilt, under MMA rules.

“For the first fight in Dream, I rejected the plan for the fight. It was not Mirko’s decision, but mine. For example: I said no to the fight against Semmy Schilt (under MMA rules). For Mirko’s first fight in Dream, Semmy was too difficult,” said the agent, in a rare demonstration of humility when the subject is facing someone in MMA.