MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Who should Sherk's 1st title defense be against?

View Single Post

Old 10-27-2006, 03:36 PM   #17 (permalink)
Halebop
Featherweight

Halebop is on another level nowHalebop is on another level nowHalebop is on another level nowHalebop is on another level nowHalebop is on another level nowHalebop is on another level nowHalebop is on another level nowHalebop is on another level nowHalebop is on another level nowHalebop is on another level nowHalebop is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by hutchykurt
I bet they put Melvin in ahead of Stevenson because of the marketing aspect. Cocky kid vs. the seasoned veteran wrestler. Joe Stevenson is a mirror image of Sherk, just without the muscle tone. Both are wrestlers, limited striking capability. I give the edge to Stevenson in submissions though. If they do a title fight soon, I hope it's a good matchup. I hate when fights go to decision. All we end up doing is hypothesizing who the true champ is.
I would love to see Melvin v. Stevenson but I don't think people are going to be thinking Cocky kid v. Seasoned Veteran Wrestler...I mean, weren't they on the same season of TUF? Melvin is cocky, ridiculously cocky. But I still like Melvin more then Stevenson because I think Joe is smug. I hate smug.

Melvin has unquestionable talent, he is a force. I question his intellingence. No one talks about it because of Melvins devasting KO body punch last fight, but he had a chance to finish it first round and started celebrating and next thing you know, this guy has his back!!!! If that happened with any of the people were talking about here, he would have been done.
Halebop is offline   Reply With Quote