MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Barnett vs. Monson for Sengoku II and Card

View Single Post

Old 04-24-2008, 02:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
IcemanCometh
Cry Havoc

IcemanCometh is on another level nowIcemanCometh is on another level nowIcemanCometh is on another level nowIcemanCometh is on another level nowIcemanCometh is on another level nowIcemanCometh is on another level nowIcemanCometh is on another level nowIcemanCometh is on another level nowIcemanCometh is on another level nowIcemanCometh is on another level nowIcemanCometh is on another level now
Barnett vs. Monson for Sengoku II and Card

Quote:
American heavyweights and former UFC fighters Josh Barnett (21-5) and Jeff Monson (24-7) will meet May 18 at World Victory Road's second-ever show, "Sengoku II."

The Japanese-based organization made the announcement earlier today.

The organization added Barnett to the card on Monday, and Monson was confirmed as his opponent early Thursday.

Barnett, a former UFC heavyweight champion and longtime PRIDE fighter, competed at the first Sengoku event and defeated Hidehiko Yoshida in March. It was his sixth win in his past eight fights; the only losses came to Antonio Rodrigo Noueira and Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic.

Monson, a former UFC heavyweight contender, won 16 consecutive fights to earn a title shot against then-champ Tim Sylvia at UFC 65. He suffered a unanimous-decision loss to his much-bigger opponent and hasn't fought for the UFC since then. He last fought at a December Plainum Fighting Productions event in the Phillipines and defeated Hakim Goram via unanimous decision.

The latest Sengoku II card, according to the official World Victory Road website, now includes:

Kwang Hee Lee vs. Eiji Mitsuoka
Satoru Kitaoka vs. Ian Schaffa
Jorge Santiago vs. Yuki Sasaki
Yoshihiro Nakao vs. Jim York
Dan Hornbuckle vs. Mike Pyle
Ryo Kawamura vs. Kevin Randleman
Josh Barnett vs. Jeff Monson
Roger Gracie vs. TBA
Source:
Click Me

I think Barnett has this easy as his striking it a little better. I am also wondering who they will throw at Roger Gracie. If this is already floating around then I apologize but I only saw Barnett was fighting but not who he was set to fight.

Last edited by IcemanCometh : 04-24-2008 at 02:36 PM. Reason: Fix Title, add some points.
IcemanCometh is offline   Reply With Quote