MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - DREAM.2 Results : MIDDLE WEIGHT GRANDPRIX 2008 1st Round

View Single Post

Old 04-29-2008, 06:52 AM   #10 (permalink)
plazzman
-I came|I saw|I failed-

plazzman Is Untouchableplazzman Is Untouchableplazzman Is Untouchableplazzman Is Untouchableplazzman Is Untouchableplazzman Is Untouchableplazzman Is Untouchableplazzman Is Untouchableplazzman Is Untouchableplazzman Is Untouchableplazzman Is Untouchable
Kazushi Sakuraba vs Andrews Nakahara

Round 1:

Sakuraba starts the round with an early high kick attempt. A brief exchange of leg kicks leads to a single scramble for takedown by Sakuraba as Nakahara defends well. They clinch in the corner as the ref calls for a reset. A leg kick attempt by Nakahara leads to an inadvertent groin shot to Sakuraba. After a minute of recovery, the fight is allowed to continue.

A strong highkick by Nakahara seemed to have found it's place and hurt Sakuraba, but not phased him. After struggling in the clinch for about a minute, referee Yuji Shimada calls for a reset. Nakahara drops Sakuraba with a leg kick but Sakuraba reverses and tries for top control, but Nakahara sprawls out and they clinch in the corner. Finally Sakuraba gets the takedown and gains side mount. From here he begins to throw knees and shots to the body. Sakuraba now gets his back and tries for the RNC, to which Nakahara reluctantly taps.

Result: Kazushi Sakuraba Via Submission (RNC)