MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Damn, I'm having trouble deciding on...

View Single Post

Old 04-30-2008, 12:18 PM   #24 (permalink)
Fedor>all
Banned

Fedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World Renown
Quote:
Originally Posted by plazzman View Post
It took Gegard about 5-10 seconds to fully sink that triangle in, which Kang could have easily pulled out of because it wasn't tight at first. Then, we all know what happened there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damone View Post
I'm not downplaying anything, I'm just saying that a BJJ blackbelt shouldn't be a freakin' dipshit and let someone who's known as a striker slap on a slow triangle.
First of all, I think you're both exaggerating how slow the triangle was. It only took Gegard about 3 seconds to lock the triangle around Kang's neck (in order to close off his escape and control his posture), and it only took him around 8-9 to submit him. If you don't believe me, here's the .gif with a timer:

Denis had only 3 seconds to avoid the triangle, because once Mousasi had his arm, the triangle was virtually already locked-in. Sure, he should have seen it coming, but with Mousasi not being notorious for subbing people off his back, I wouldn't be surprised if Denis was completely caught off-guard. Not that that's an excuse, seeing as he's a black-belt in BJJ, but the triangle wasn't nearly as slow as Hominick/Edwards.

Mousasi's skillset is improving, this is really undeniable.
Fedor>all is offline   Reply With Quote