MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - IronMan's Log

Thread: IronMan's Log
View Single Post

Old 04-30-2008, 08:05 PM   #176 (permalink)
IronMan
True Grappler

IronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A Baller
Quote:
Originally Posted by rufio.e0 View Post
IronMan what do you eat after you weigh-in?

I have 3 bottle of pedialyte that I plan on drinking through first. Then eating smaller quantities of simple carbs (white breads, pasta, etc) every 30 minutes. I weigh-in on friday at 5pm then we start rolling saturday at 11am (estimate).

I didn't have anything specific planned.

Also, when you do the neck-crank to open up someone's guard and they negate it by interlocking their finger's and pressing back on their own forehead... is there a way to pass that?

Finally, what are your ideal/favorite open guard passes?
Depending on how much time I have, it changes. I always have a can of FRS (which is an energy drink I've been using since the Pan Ams, when I got my hands on a free sample), and I recommend it to everyone. It's endorsed by Lance Armstrong and now, I'm endorsing it too. The ideal meal for me is a sandwich. Some carbs, some veggies and some protein. Plus, it's easy on the stomach if I'm rehydrating, because something heavy on the stomach can make you sick.

As far as the counter that you're talking about, that means you are not doing the can-opener right. You need to make sure you have the grip on tight, like a thai plum, and twist on the neck with you whole chest and forearms. Way more power then their interlocking grip. You should be able to power through it just fine.

As for my favorite passes, when I'm doing straight grappling, I tend to pass by sprawling over one leg and passing to the side from there. In MMA, I tend to back out of guard and do a toreando, drawing attention from the pass with my strikes.

I do use standup passes every once in a while, but they're pretty easy to counter so, if my opponent has any jiu-jitsu, the only reason I would use that guard break is to set up an ankle lock, though I also set up the sub when I back out of the guard.

Sig by Toxic

Barnett - Toquinho -Werdum - "Nurmie"
Z. Gurgel - Morango - Rocha - Tiequan
IronMan is offline   Reply With Quote