MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Did GSP get into Matt Hughes head?

View Single Post

Old 10-29-2006, 11:55 AM   #19 (permalink)
thevarsmolta
Flyweight

thevarsmolta has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by WouldLuv2FightU
Well if you watch the fight, you see someone tell GSP something and he shakes his head "yea" and smiles and then starts to walk up to the octagon. It doesn't have to be fixed for it to be scripted, it was either a last minute command from someone, or they told him "IF Hughes wins, go up there and say this". He doesn't even sound sincere at all when he's saying it, just sounds like he is reading it straight off a teleprompter. It was obvious it was scripted and it the fight didn't have to be fixed. I bet they told him no matter who wins, go up there and say you're not impressed (or something similar depending on how the fight actually went) so we can use it for the countdown. The main reason I strongly feel it was scripted is because the camera man cut to GSP a little too early and like I said you could see him talking to someone and says "yea" (like "ok") and then walks up there. If you have it taped or something watch it you will see what I am talking about,
Maybe to someone from Ohio, a French-Canadian accent sounds that way. But I'm in Canada, spent the first 11 years old my life in Montreal, and have met GSP, and trust me, he always sounds that way. His English is poor, plain and simple.

I think the whole talk of it being scripted for the sake of making preview videos is rediculous.

The Ever-Popular Top 5 Fighters List

Dan Henderson
BJ Penn
GSP
Takanori Gomi
Wanderlei Silva
thevarsmolta is offline   Reply With Quote