Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Does Creatine Work?

6K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  HeWillEnlarge 
#1 ·
Ive started using advanced creatine, and I was just wondering if it works.

#2 ·
Well, what are you expecting out of it? In my experience creatine is great for muscle recovery, and getting glutamine if it's in your creatine. I never gained any mass off of it but like I said, It was great for muslce recovery.

#9 ·
Agreed Creatine is great for recovery as is Whey protein!!

creatine is in not for mass/muscle size,creaine monohydrate is an energy/recovery supplement,it has worked wonders for me(i am a bodybuilder if your wondering)
but as someone else said already it does not work for everyone,give it a try for a solid 4-6 weeks no noticibale difference?? then forget about it.

#8 ·
I started taking it about 3 weeks ago and i havent "noticed" anything. but that is def not a definitive answer. In fact, Ive had my best workouts supplement free, just with good pre and post workout diet and plenty of rest. Im starting to think i should have never spent money on half the stuff i have

#12 ·
Mainly it helps with muscle recovery, when you work out you tear muscle fibers, the creatine as it has been explained to me creates more fluid for the repair of those fibers, this sometimes makes people look slightly swollen but not jacked or anything....

Also...you retain more water so you weigh a lil more.....

#13 ·
I used to 'stack' creatine with protein and a multivit thats all I needed. My strength gains were great plus I gained some good muscle mass. But it no longer has the same effect on me. So I agree it differs from person to person plus I think each brand has different level of effects.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.