MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - What if NHB fighting were as popular today as MMA?

View Single Post

Old 05-04-2008, 04:51 AM   #8 (permalink)
name goes here
Light Heavyweight

name goes here Is Respected By All He Crossesname goes here Is Respected By All He Crossesname goes here Is Respected By All He Crossesname goes here Is Respected By All He Crossesname goes here Is Respected By All He Crossesname goes here Is Respected By All He Crossesname goes here Is Respected By All He Crossesname goes here Is Respected By All He Crossesname goes here Is Respected By All He Crossesname goes here Is Respected By All He Crossesname goes here Is Respected By All He Crosses
Quote:
Originally Posted by piratedanger View Post
For me its pretty hard to say, who knows how certain guys would react to hair pulling and low blows, etc.
I mean look at when somebody catches a low blow these days, most of them drop like babies.

The no wrapped wrists or gloves would mess up a lot of peoples punches also. Elbows and head kicks to the ground....

Man I don't know. I think they are sort of two different entities and you can't really compare the two too much.
A lot of those old school guys would never make it with the new rules and a lot of new school guys would never make it in the brutal days.
The no wraps, doesn't change things much. The main effect is to shorten careers, not to change the action in a fight.

Ground fighting does go quicker with strikes to the back of the head allowed - because there is less opportunity to turtle.

Ball strikes stop the fight because the fighter can take a break. If they don't, they will fight on - though they won't like it. The main effect would just be a rise in long term nut injuries.

Most of the things you are worried about - when they are expected they are protected against. The main difference would be less stalls.

A big difference would be front chokes.

The fighters who are at the top now - would be at the top of a nhb league too.

Steroids or no steroids would be the real deciding factor

Last edited by name goes here : 05-04-2008 at 05:10 AM.
name goes here is offline   Reply With Quote