MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - EliteXC bans Affliction

View Single Post

Old 05-05-2008, 01:51 AM   #5 (permalink)
IronMan
True Grappler

IronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A Baller
Honestly, I'm surprised that the UFC and EXC are the only ones. The way I see it, it's strange that every promotion didn't come out almost immediately and say that it was going to (1) standardize its shirts for its fighters or (2) insist that its fighters not wear gear produced by another promotion.

It's basic fight politics, and I suppose that EXC is getting to the level of pay-per-view show where it doesn't want to have to worry about Affliction mooching, just like the UFC does. More money for EXC that way, and they don't really give a f*ck about it.

In reality, they actually get more publicity when five ounces publishes stuff like this, because it makes the point that they are a growing promotion that (at least according to them) is catching up with the UFC and that they are serious about their business.

I don't really care what gear fights where into the cage, so I'm not upset at what organizations choose to ban. It's totally their business, and if it pisses fighters off, then the fighters can make a stink about losing their sponsorship, but not many guys seem to care too much.

Sig by Toxic

Barnett - Toquinho -Werdum - "Nurmie"
Z. Gurgel - Morango - Rocha - Tiequan
IronMan is offline   Reply With Quote