MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Tiger Woods Thread

View Single Post

Old 05-14-2008, 11:11 AM   #16 (permalink)
IronMan
True Grappler

IronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A Baller
As the only person to say "Tiger Woods is not an elite athlete," let me explain what I mean by athlete.

An athlete is someone who is athletic, someone who shows incredible general physical prowess. That is to say: a combination of strength, speed, agility, coordination and skill in their sport.

A real elite athlete is someone who can play their sport, but also has the physical conditioning and skills to play another sport, not on the same level, but very, very well.

Reggie Bush is an elite athlete, because if he played basketball, he could dunk and he could move and his athleticism would remain consistent.

If you took Tiger of the golf course he might be a guy in very good shape (in fact, he is a guy in very good shape), but he wouldn't be able to move like a pro in another sport. He can't run a 40 like an elite athlete, he can't hit the bench like an elite athlete and he can't thread the needle like an elite athlete. That's my criteria.

Is Tiger a great sportsman, sure. I have no problem with people saying he's one of the greatest sportsmen of all time, but when you start calling him an athlete, you are saying that he is athletically comparable to guys like Michael Jordan and Muhammad Ali and that's just not true.

Sig by Toxic

Barnett - Toquinho -Werdum - "Nurmie"
Z. Gurgel - Morango - Rocha - Tiequan
IronMan is offline   Reply With Quote