MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Tiger Woods Thread

View Single Post

Old 05-14-2008, 03:25 PM   #29 (permalink)
All_In
The Truth

All_In Is True Champion Of KnowledgeAll_In Is True Champion Of KnowledgeAll_In Is True Champion Of KnowledgeAll_In Is True Champion Of KnowledgeAll_In Is True Champion Of KnowledgeAll_In Is True Champion Of KnowledgeAll_In Is True Champion Of KnowledgeAll_In Is True Champion Of KnowledgeAll_In Is True Champion Of KnowledgeAll_In Is True Champion Of KnowledgeAll_In Is True Champion Of Knowledge
Fair enough, my man. Just a few things…

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMan View Post
My point was that that is how I define athleticism, the ability to perform athletic tasks and do them well.
Webster's definition of the word athlete:
Quote:
a person who is trained or skilled in exercises, sports, or games requiring physical strength, agility, or stamina.
I just feel Tiger fits the mold here.

Quote:
You're entitled to your opinion, I'd just like to see evidence of his athleticism beyond just his skill as a golfer.
It's tough to find information on his regime, but I've read of him benching close to 300 lbs, running distances of 3 miles and 7 miles on given days, and working out in the gym quite a bit. I'll see if I can find some more information related to these statements.

Quote:
Would Clay's skills translate to other sports? [Yes].
Would it be fair to say that Tiger's superior hand-eye coordination could translate in the MLB if given the same time and effort?

Quote:
And, by the way, of the four events I mentioned that I'd like to test woods on (bench, high jump, weave and spring), Bryan wins three and Garnett wins one. So, yes, I think Bryan is a better athlete than Kevin Garnett.
Yep, I said so myself too!

Quote:
There are some great, top tier baseball players that are not elite athletes. There are others that are.
I agree, but I think it works the exact same for golf.

Edit: See GMW's post below for workout regime information.