MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Tiger Woods Thread

View Single Post

Old 05-15-2008, 12:09 PM   #35 (permalink)
Walker
ASS MAN

Walker Is Future HOF MaterialWalker Is Future HOF MaterialWalker Is Future HOF MaterialWalker Is Future HOF MaterialWalker Is Future HOF MaterialWalker Is Future HOF MaterialWalker Is Future HOF MaterialWalker Is Future HOF MaterialWalker Is Future HOF MaterialWalker Is Future HOF MaterialWalker Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLS View Post
It's not moot because how can you continue to say that Tiger has the greatest mental toughness when he can't deal with something every other althlete has to deal with?
Hey man I never said Tiger has the "greatest mental toughness"-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker View Post
Tiger is definitely an elite athlete and I did vote for Golf being a sport- it may not require super athletic skills(see John Daly puffin' and drinkin') or an athletic physique(see Phil Mickelson's glorious man-boobs) but the mental toughness, practice of long hours honing different shots with different clubs and the maintenance of your body to remain strong and flexible. A lot of golfers did not work out until Tiger came onto the scene and his driving length forced them to adapt their game(and physical abilities) to try and catch up with him.
That's all I said about that(and I highlighted the part about Phil's Moobies because I want the next thread to debate the pros and cons of man boobs in sports ). I still think it's a moot point just because introducing crowd into golf would be akin to deciding to turn off all the lights in a basketball arena during free throws to make them more challenging. It just isn't done so it's hard to debate it. I do honestly think that had crowd noise always been done at golf events then I think players would have adapted to it over the years that golf has been around. The silence in golf is a challenge in it's own right as you have to have the mental strength to concentrate as you feel every eye on you but hear nothing. It's weird but it can be unnerving.
Walker is offline   Reply With Quote