MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Most complete fighter ever?

View Single Post

Old 05-15-2008, 05:24 PM   #19 (permalink)
Pyros
Featherweight

Pyros will become famous soon enoughPyros will become famous soon enoughPyros will become famous soon enoughPyros will become famous soon enoughPyros will become famous soon enoughPyros will become famous soon enoughPyros will become famous soon enoughPyros will become famous soon enoughPyros will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMW View Post
Yeah, Fedor could get better, what is your point with that? I only brought up getting better in defense of his first Hughes loss.

MMA is a sport where what you do now matters most, and GSP's losses to hughes and serra were a while ago and have been completely over ridden.

GSP is a big WW but weight wise a lot of WW are in the same field as him, especially hughes and koscheck. And doesn't fedor weigh like 230? That's a pretty normal HW. Most of them aren't like Tim Sylvia. Take Nog and CC, who during Fedor's peak, were ranked two and three respectively.

In the end, when I look at their records and skill sets, I think GSP's physical ability is tied with Fedor, but his control is so far above anyone else's it outweighs Fedor's benefits over GSP.
And looking at record's I'd also give it to GSP.

You said fighters get better to support your point, if GSP can get better so can Fedor.

And you are with that again, it doesn't matter if he has avenged the losses, they happened, he got bested in two occasions, while Fedor has never been beaten. You can avenge your losses but the fact that you got KTFO or submitted will stand forever, for now GSP is beatable, Fedor is not, until someone proves otherwise, which frankly I don't see anyone doing.

Fedor weights at 230 yes, but he's not ripped like other HW, the fact is he got a strict diet he could probably fight at 205 were he could have a bigger size advantage, but he doesn't because he can easily kick ass at HW, that plays a huge part in determining a P4P fighter.

GSP's control is above Fedor? Who has Fedor not been able to control? Heck, he usually beats people at their own games, he can control you standing or on the ground, while GSP striking isn't great as proved by Serra. And records, yeah maybe GSP has beaten more people that are currently top 10, but when Fedor beat Herring he was top 10, Schilt was top 10, Coleman and Randleman were top 10, Mark Hunt was top 10, Babalu and Arona were top 10 LHW, Lindland is a top 10 MW. Wow Fedor record looks pretty good too, right?

Last edited by Pyros : 05-15-2008 at 05:27 PM.
Pyros is offline   Reply With Quote