Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

need help i do not know what art i should pick please help

912 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  The Don 
#1 · (Edited)
hey everyone need some help i am 24 years old and looking to take martial art classes i used to take miyama ryu jujitsu and i liked it alot because of the throws and submissions and mostly because it was ground work and standing the schools i want to go to now teach brazilian jujitsu or muay thai MMA style i really do not know which one i should do i like good conditioning and training also i want the art to be real hardcore and want it to be very realistic also will be good for self defense i love jujitsu but i read that bjj is all on the ground and there arent any judo throws i want to have a very effective art which one do you think would be more for me please help thank you

#3 · (Edited)
thanks alot

i am confused i just took a bjj class is it more sport then self defence and what do you personally like better bjj or mua thai and kick boxing the bjj class i took was alot different it was all ground with great locks and chokes some of the best i have ever seen but if i take bjj will i have any stand up i only have normal street fight stand up only from personnal experiance only have taken myama ryu jujitsu what would you do in my situation i live in Florida i have choices from american black belt top team and they mix everything up but they have people out of the school in the ufc i don't want to get lost in the shuffle and have the teachers working and paying more attention to the people going to the ufc the other choice is mua thai kick boxing and boxing and that school competes they have some bjj classes there and the school i tried the class out is bjj and the teacher was taught in Brazil by the Gracie's and the teacher works private classes with some ufc fighters which one would you pick for an all around art that can be used as self defense and little offense please help thank you for replying before

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.