MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Back to Basics

Thread: Back to Basics
View Single Post

Old 05-20-2008, 11:04 PM   #28 (permalink)
IronMan
True Grappler

IronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A Baller
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozz525 View Post
For guys who are considering doing hip escape from mount you have to adjust it. The reason that I say this is because if you do the normal shrimp with both arms on one side, it will result in getting your back taken, or a gift wrap to arm triangle. Instead use more of a foot drag.

So lets say you are on bottom and goingfor there right foot, you'll lean on your left side bring your right over there right ankle then push there knee with your left hand as you move your hips back.
This is actually a great point, ozz, and thanks for mentioning it.

Personally, I try and slip the leg out underneath their leg instead of working my hips out, to set up half-guard. Usually it isn't much harder (though I have pretty good flexibility and am relatively small).

Then I use the traditional hip escape form to free my other leg and create space.

Sig by Toxic

Barnett - Toquinho -Werdum - "Nurmie"
Z. Gurgel - Morango - Rocha - Tiequan
IronMan is offline   Reply With Quote