MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Greatest Striker Ever?

View Single Post

Old 05-22-2008, 12:59 AM   #28 (permalink)
plazzman
-I came|I saw|I failed-

plazzman Is Untouchableplazzman Is Untouchableplazzman Is Untouchableplazzman Is Untouchableplazzman Is Untouchableplazzman Is Untouchableplazzman Is Untouchableplazzman Is Untouchableplazzman Is Untouchableplazzman Is Untouchableplazzman Is Untouchable
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMan View Post
With some guys it's not about technique, it's about explosiveness.

Honestly, I don't fight Rampage's striking technically good. (I mean, his kicks are wild, he loops alot of his punches and his elbows ride up when he gets excited) Rampage woud still kill Machida standing up, because he would power through him.

I don't think Machida can take the aggression that Alexander has. From a technical perspective, I don't think that Houston has better striking. Still, I do think that Alexander would whup dat ass if they stepped in the ring for a K-1 fight, because, like I said, I just don't see that drive to finish in Machida during his UFC bouts.
You really need to look past 90% of the strikers in MMA, especially Machida and Houston, it just doesn't matter when you've had guys like Hug/Aerts/Masato/Sauwer in the mix.
plazzman is offline   Reply With Quote