Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Who's "0" will be 1st to go - Rashad or Diego

1K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  Ebc_Kyle 
#1 ·
I like both these ultimate fighters and I think they have promising futures ahead ... I can't wait to see Diego take on the winner of Hughes St. Pierre .. that's just going to be a fantastic fight ... I know Diego probably wants Hughes more since he is "the" guy. Both Rashad and Diego say they plan to stay undefeated for a long time ... personally I think Diego may lose before Rashad b/c Diego has pretty much reached the pinnacle of the welterweight division whereas Rashad probably has several more tune-up fights before he faces a title holder

#3 ·
I agree with you for the same reasons. Just want to add that Rashad has the strength over many in his division to really keep the fight in his control. At 170 the tops guys are all about the same strength, and Diego is certainly not the biggest 170... Also I dont much care for Diego, he takes himself too seriously and his undefeated streak is not without questions...

#4 ·
riggs is a more dangerous fight for diego then forrest is for rashad. rashad has good boxing and can probably survive standing with forrest, he will also be likely able to find a takedown. diego is up against a guy that can end a fight with one punch or a small flurry. with far better standup and who is very very dangerous on top of you even if hes in his opponents gaurd. he ko'd groves with one elbow from the top and pounded out freakin joe doerkson

#9 ·
The difference between these two guys is that Rashad is improving. His ground skills are obviously getting better and if he starts to learn some boxing and some submissions he could be a real force. Let's face it, the UFC doesn't really have that many great lightheavyweights. I think that unless Rashad has to fight Chuck, Tito or Vera he'll keep his 0.

As for Diego, I never thought he was that strong of a fighter. He suprised me by beating Parysian, but I think now everyone is taking him a little bit more seriously. I really hope Riggs bulldozes him, not because I hate Diego, but because I think Joe doesn't get the props he deserves. Either way, eventually Diego has to fight Penn, St Pierre or Hughes.

In my opinion, Diego would get destroyed by a lot of the better welterweights in the UFC: guys like Drew Fickett, Tony DeSouza. Even a relative unknown like Anthony Torres has a shot at taking away that 0.

Diego goes first.

#10 ·
diego is the much betterfighter and doesnt get much respect, no way ironman, would fickett beat diego, thats crazy Kos owned Ficket until that last 30 secs..Diego is the fourth best Welterweight in the World.Rashad isnt on that level yet.I think he is gonna fight Babalu next and hes gonna get submitted in the first round.Diego will lose to GSP after Gsp beats Hughes

#11 ·
Diego has tougher competition in his division , like someone said , i think rashad will have a few more tune up fights before fighting tito or chuck, where Diego is prolly next in line for BJ Penn or maybe even a re match with Karo... 2 very tough fights right there . Penn would own diego big time

#12 ·
Rashad will definently lose his 0 first. It doesn't matter if he fights Forrest or Babalu, both will beat him soundly.

Diego beats Riggs. Joe Riggs has a long way to go before he gets considered a real contender; he is vastly overrated.
I watched Diego and GSP both annihilate Karo, and Sanchez really put a beating on him. I wouldn't be so quick to count Diego out against Georges. Matt Hughes beats Diego, but GSP? We'll see.

#13 ·
hbdale309 said:
Rashad will definently lose his 0 first. It doesn't matter if he fights Forrest or Babalu, both will beat him soundly.

Diego beats Riggs. Joe Riggs has a long way to go before he gets considered a real contender; he is vastly overrated.
I watched Diego and GSP both annihilate Karo, and Sanchez really put a beating on him. I wouldn't be so quick to count Diego out against Georges. Matt Hughes beats Diego, but GSP? We'll see.
I second that. Diego is already considered a contender. Rashad is still fight a lot of jobers.

#14 ·
jdun11 said:
diego is the much betterfighter and doesnt get much respect, no way ironman, would fickett beat diego, thats crazy Kos owned Ficket until that last 30 secs..Diego is the fourth best Welterweight in the World.Rashad isnt on that level yet.I think he is gonna fight Babalu next and hes gonna get submitted in the first round.Diego will lose to GSP after Gsp beats Hughes
Yeah, I agree with you, Diego would own Fickett ... I think putting him #4 is probably not too far off ... Diego is an excellent fighter and putting him that far down just speaks volumes about the talent at welterweight. Unlike some fighters in the UFC like Tim Sylvia, the talents like B.J. Penn, GSP or Hughes could dominate anywhere in the world

#15 ·
sherdog said:
I second that. Diego is already considered a contender. Rashad is still fight a lot of jobers.
I'm not so sure Forrest will beat Rashad, in fact I pick Rashad to win. I think Forrest is a little over rated and that ridiculous split decision fight he had with Tito wasn't as close as some people thought. Look at the difficulty Forrest had with Bonnar and Rashad was far more explosive and handled him much more easily. I seriously think Forrest would get his ass handed to him, Rashad is very, very surprising

#18 ·
Rashad would 'koscheck' Forrest :D :thumbsup:

and Diego/Karo was alot closer then pppl make it sound , it was not close to a 1 sided beating, i loved it when Karo judo throwed diego on his head like a lil girl

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.