MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - The Ultimate Fighter 3 Finale - Spike TV

View Single Post

Old 06-25-2006, 01:52 AM   #17 (permalink)
Gman
MMA Fanatic

Gman has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColossalCanadian
is it just me or did it look like kendall tapped out during the fight with ed?
I saw what looked like a half-hearted tap, and at least one of the announcers thought it may have been a tap as well (Joe Rogan). I'm amazed the ref didn't consider it one, but I'm glad he didn't. It would have been premature. That was a great fight, but I don't particularly agree with giving Ed a contract based solely on his performance. Shortfuse would have been given a contract eventually, but I think Giving Ed the contract on the same night cheapens the outstanding performance of the "underdog", Kendall, who proved his dedication and heart transcended expectations. Ed had some impressive ground and pound, but I feel Kendall won cleanly, and given 20 or so more seconds, could have forced Ed to tap.

The Bisping fight was very good also. Micheal clearly destroyed his opponent, however it seemed like he should have been able to end it several times early with submissions, but kudos to Josh for escaping them.

The Matt Hamill fight was ugly (again). It was an obvious mismatch right from the start. There's no doubt Matt is a bull, and freakishly strong wrestler, but he's still a potential diamond in the ruff, and has a long way to go before he can get in there against some real competition it seems.
Gman is offline   Reply With Quote