MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Would like some advice on my workout routine

View Single Post

Old 06-04-2008, 04:02 AM   #3 (permalink)
-GSP-
Flyweight

-GSP- Needs A Hug-GSP- Needs A Hug-GSP- Needs A Hug-GSP- Needs A Hug-GSP- Needs A Hug-GSP- Needs A Hug-GSP- Needs A Hug-GSP- Needs A Hug-GSP- Needs A Hug-GSP- Needs A Hug-GSP- Needs A Hug
It really depends what features you're looking to improve. The 5x5 never really did work for me when lifting heavy and I always felt it was a waste of time. Everyone's bodies respond differently which means different people's muscle fibers respond & correlate with different workout. If there was one set, definite routine that would get us all where we want to be then that would kind of kill the myth & fun of bodybuilding.

I'd go with the pyramidization technique. Hit the first set of relatively light weight 15 times. After that set and the others to follow, continue pyramiding up in weight and make the reps lower.

i.e:

Squats -- 1st set 135 lbs x 12 reps , 2nd set 160 lbs x 10 reps, 185 lbs x 8 reps, 4th set 215 lbs x 6-8 reps.

The 6-8 rep range would be as beneficial as any other rep range I could think of. If you're going for a powerlifter's mentality, 1 - 5 reps would work like already mentioned above me (but then again, we're not all powerlifters).

All in all, it really depends on what you're aiming for.
-GSP- is offline   Reply With Quote