MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - NHL Playoff Thread

View Single Post

Old 06-06-2008, 05:47 PM   #311 (permalink)
Terry77
Super Heavyweight

Terry77 Is Beloved By AllTerry77 Is Beloved By AllTerry77 Is Beloved By AllTerry77 Is Beloved By AllTerry77 Is Beloved By AllTerry77 Is Beloved By AllTerry77 Is Beloved By AllTerry77 Is Beloved By AllTerry77 Is Beloved By AllTerry77 Is Beloved By AllTerry77 Is Beloved By All
They weren't even going to pursue Hossa until Mario and others told ol Ray to go get somebody to make another line with Crosby. Boston are the most interested team, or in other words the team ready to pay what he wants, I've read that the Penguins are interested though.

There's a salary cap
-Staal and Malkin are coming out of their entry level contracts.
-Fleury is a RFA.
-Malone UFA

So, Crosby makes his 7 or so eventually. Fleury will demand upawards of 4-5. Malkin will want the 8-9 and Stall is getting towards the big bucks. Mike Peca made big time money, so Jordan Staal will earn at least 3.5 to 4. that's 22.2 (at least) on 4 players. Still not even considering Orpik, Sykora, Malone etc. Then Hossa will want 8 for sure. 30 million pucks, it won't work for a succesful team. Look at the mess in Tampa Bay.

I can go on for hours if we want to turn this into an off season thread. Think there's a reason to start a NHL thread or something? I'm serious, I'm game for talking hockey anywhere and anytime
Terry77 is offline   Reply With Quote