MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Are the winners of this show going to be considered "Winners"?

View Single Post

Old 11-04-2006, 07:10 AM   #6 (permalink)
MetalMunkey
Team Penn

MetalMunkey Is Respected By All He CrossesMetalMunkey Is Respected By All He CrossesMetalMunkey Is Respected By All He CrossesMetalMunkey Is Respected By All He CrossesMetalMunkey Is Respected By All He CrossesMetalMunkey Is Respected By All He CrossesMetalMunkey Is Respected By All He CrossesMetalMunkey Is Respected By All He CrossesMetalMunkey Is Respected By All He CrossesMetalMunkey Is Respected By All He CrossesMetalMunkey Is Respected By All He Crosses
I have to disagree as far as whether or not they will come out ahead or not. First the winners of the show come out 200 grand ahead.

Matt Serra - if he wins the show he will get dismantled in the title match. But, I think after the match he will drop down to LW. LW is a very exciting weight class but right now it is dominated by one-dimensional fighters (which I agree Serra is) and he could easily come back into a title contention spot. If he loses I think he got all the publicity he needs for his gym and he may not come out as negatively as you put it.

Chris Lytle - If he wins he will also get beat handily by whoever has the title. I see a couple of low level fights, depending on how those go he may or may not be in the UFC anymore. If he loses the finals I see him becoming a stepping stone fighter and eventually being put out of the UFC. I think it will really depend on how good of a match he puts up against the champ.

Travis Lutter - pretty much the same as Lytle. Although I don't see him putting up much of a fight with Silva.

Patrick Cote - He's young, even if he gets put out of the UFC he has time to train and better himself and come back stronger.

Yeah, something like that.

Favorite MMA Fighters:
BJ "The Prodigy" Penn
Randy "The Natural" Couture
MetalMunkey is offline   Reply With Quote