MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - [[ Muay Thai or Kickboxing ]] What is the better standup?

View Single Post

Old 06-18-2008, 01:48 PM   #9 (permalink)
wallysworld191
Bantamweight

wallysworld191 is just really nicewallysworld191 is just really nicewallysworld191 is just really nicewallysworld191 is just really nicewallysworld191 is just really nicewallysworld191 is just really nicewallysworld191 is just really nicewallysworld191 is just really nicewallysworld191 is just really nicewallysworld191 is just really nicewallysworld191 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by xeberus View Post
Okay I would choose kick-boxing for myself and here the reasons why.

In kick-boxing I was taught out to fight from the outside and counter punching with footwork and bobbing/weaving. I am 6'4" with 81inches of reach and this style works great for the way I like to fight and my body type.

Muay-thai teaches power from the inside, and I can fight there to but I choose to not to.

In my mind as a "very general" idea of the differences, I would look at cro-cop and wanderlei silva. Cro-cop and myself fight almost exactly alike. He is obviously a kick-boxer, wanderlei silva is more muay-thai. Cro-cop fights from the outside, wanderlei fights a lot on the inside and uses knees etc.
uh....crocop is kinda a dutch style muay thai...and your still way off on everything else too

Enjoy a choke!
wallysworld191 is offline   Reply With Quote