MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - [[ Muay Thai or Kickboxing ]] What is the better standup?

View Single Post

Old 06-18-2008, 02:37 PM   #10 (permalink)
Zemelya
Bantamweight

Zemelya will become famous soon enoughZemelya will become famous soon enoughZemelya will become famous soon enoughZemelya will become famous soon enoughZemelya will become famous soon enoughZemelya will become famous soon enoughZemelya will become famous soon enoughZemelya will become famous soon enoughZemelya will become famous soon enoughZemelya will become famous soon enoughZemelya will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallysworld191 View Post
kick boxing isn't a style...its a sport...muay thai is a style within that sport
Muay Thai has been around for hundreds of years, kickboxing for about 50 and was based partly on MT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeberus View Post
In my mind as a "very general" idea of the differences, I would look at cro-cop and wanderlei silva. Cro-cop and myself fight almost exactly alike. He is obviously a kick-boxer, wanderlei silva is more muay-thai. Cro-cop fights from the outside, wanderlei fights a lot on the inside and uses knees etc.
It is you personal preference on how to fight - from distance or not. MT teaches you how to fight effectively in close range also - giving you more weapons to use.
Zemelya is offline   Reply With Quote