MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Libertarian's chances?

View Single Post

Old 06-19-2008, 03:59 PM   #5 (permalink)
sove
Bantamweight

sove is on another level nowsove is on another level nowsove is on another level nowsove is on another level nowsove is on another level nowsove is on another level nowsove is on another level nowsove is on another level nowsove is on another level nowsove is on another level nowsove is on another level now
I heard Ron Paul speak in San Diego about a month ago. He said that, going into the campaign, he was skeptical about whether people would vote for someone who wasn't promising them any handouts. While many were surprised to see the number of people who came out passionately for his campaign, libertarians are still in the minority and always will be. How many people are willing to live on their own terms and take responsibility for their lives? Not many in my opinion. Everyone wants to blame someone else and take from those who have more than them rather than setting goals and working hard to achieve them. It's easy to vote for Obama. He's portrayed as the savior of mankind, carrying a horn of plenty, pouring out food, money and healthcare for everyone. It makes me sick to see the greediness and lack of self respect that plagues our country. I wish I could say that I'm optimistic, but I think it's only going to get worse.

From this year on, I refuse to vote for anyone I can't stand behind 100%. No more settling. If I have to write in a candidate every election for the rest of my life, I'll gladly do it. Sellouts will say that I'm throwing away my vote, but at least I'm not throwing away my soul and principles.
sove is offline   Reply With Quote