Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Amir's Final Blog

932 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Davisty69 
#1 ·
http://punch.freedomblogging.com/2008/06/19/amir-sadollahs-ultimate-fighter-blog-episode-12/
Amir Sadollah is one of 16 middleweights to fight their way into the house for a chance to win a contract with the UFC on Spike TV’s reality series “The Ultimate Fighter 7.”

Sadollah is writing a weekly blog to give ocregister.com readers a behind-the-scenes look at everything that goes down in the house, during training and in the fights.

TUF 7 airs Wednesdays at 10 p.m. on Spike TV, and Sadollah’s blog posts immediately following each episode.

EPISODE 12

I started writing this blog well ahead of viewing the episode, hoping to capture the multitude of feelings I want to cover in my final installment. I want to first thank all of you who took the time to read my blog and say how much I appreciate all the feedback I’ve gotten.

I look back pensively at what was no doubt the craziest ride I’ve ever been on in my life. Through all the trials and hardship, laughs and misery, I took a lot of life experience away from this show.

I will be forever changed from this experience, and I’m glad I have been given this avenue to share some of my input and thoughts on everything.

I am honored to have been able to be a part of what I feel was one of the greatest season of fights and talent to date on this show. I am eternally flattered to have so many people appreciate and support me through this period in life. I only hope I can continue to be worthy of your time and support this weekend and beyond.

I am writing this blog from memory, I wanted to capture my pure emotion and recollection from everything, rather than just specifically address what was shown. This chapter of my life will be forever etched in my mind and this has been a good tool to catalogue it.

This episode, filmed so many months ago, feels like it happened yesterday. Now, reliving this on the eve of the finals, the live conclusion to our season, the reality starts to sink in a bit. With each episode that aired, I was brought back to the inane possibility that this experience was real, already etched so vividly in my mind.

My fight with C.B. was the biggest test for me up to this point. I went into deeper waters than I had ever been, and I feel I came out stronger from the experience. Plus I got a cool new scar.

A few weeks after getting home, I received a call from Jamie, one of the producers of the show, asking if I could come back the weekend after the first episode aired. I jokingly asked if I was going to have to fight again, not realizing how close I was to the truth. I honestly believed that I was just going to do promo stuff. The possibility was mentioned even before we left the show.

Coming back to the gym, I saw an ambulance outside, Dana’s Ferrari, and all our coaches’ cars outside. Everything that was the norm to see on fight day of the show. I immediately thought, “I knew I should’ve brought my mouthpiece.”

Hearing that J.T. was out, I felt very sorry for him. He made a mistake, as we all do, and it cost him. I know he will bounce back and go on to do great things and wish him all the best.

After Dana explained the situation, I was still processing everything, but it was time to watch C.B. and Tim’s fight.

The gym was always so quiet during fights in comparison to the events full of spectators we are used to fighting on. Most of the time there are hundreds or thousands of people in attendance. You encounter relative silence during the show.

Now, with Dana and I the only real spectators, save the production crew and officials, it was even more quiet.

Tim and C.B. fought their hardest for three full rounds and left everything they had in the ring. I was actually really proud of both of them. I remember how nice it was to get back from the show and be at home and have some relief from the pressure of fighting and television. I can imagine it was quite an obstacle to be back and almost immediately click back into training for a fifth fight inside of three months.

In a weird way my rematch seems familiar somehow. I would almost dare to say I wasn’t surprised. Not that I could’ve possibly forseen any of this, or did, but rather that it is a fitting end to continue the trend I had on the show so far: the hard way.

So now it will be C.B. and I again in the finals, a rematch, a first in TUF finale history. I am so glad to be able to be a part of the of the most competitive, entertaining season in the show’s history. I wouldn’t have had it any other way.

I just want to say how much this experience meant to me and to my 31 other brothers in the cage during this ride. I want to express my complete respect for each and every one of them. The athletes on this show put everything, their families, honor, respect, talent, and lives on the line for a shot at greatness. There is no doubt in my mind, that they achieved that, regardless of measured outcome.

I just wanted to say thank you to all family and friends, my morale support who have always believed in me. Thank you to my team at Combat Sports in Richmond where I “grew up” as a fighter. Thank you to my coaches on the show, Forrest, Mark, Cameron and Norm. They went way beyond any of my expectations as coaches and moral support.

Thanks to Warrior Training Center, Xtreme Couture and Legion Jiu Jitsu, all of whom helped me train harder than I ever have for this fight. Thank you to the O.C. Register for dealing with all my run on sentences and grammar mistakes and giving me the opportunity to share my thoughts with you.
Awesome guy. I like how he said that he got through the show the hard way, and is going into the finale the same way.

I also noticed that he trained at Xtreme Couture. That gives me great hope that he's going to be a beast come saturday. That camp is top of the food chain right now IMO.

#3 ·
I want to see him win on Saturday and then face increasingly talented fighters over the next few years. The UFC needs to feed him one of the lower level guys they want to get rid of after this fight. Saturday is his first professional fight and I want to see him stick around for a while.

#6 ·
Extreme Couture should really whip him into shape and help tighten up his loose ends, namely his sprawl. God this kid has so much potential it's insane. WAR AMIR!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.