MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - How Can Jeff Monson Win the Title?

View Single Post

Old 11-06-2006, 11:37 PM   #12 (permalink)
theboz19
Flyweight

theboz19 Needs A Hugtheboz19 Needs A Hugtheboz19 Needs A Hugtheboz19 Needs A Hugtheboz19 Needs A Hugtheboz19 Needs A Hugtheboz19 Needs A Hugtheboz19 Needs A Hugtheboz19 Needs A Hug
I think that the "Snowman" is going to be extra aggressive not wanting to suffer the same fate as AA in AA/Sylvia III. Watch for Jeff to try to slip the jab and go immediately for a double leg take down. While on the ground, Jeff should be careful not to get complacent because Tim does have submissions as a part of his arsenal. Look for Jeff to isolate an arm or a leg because Tim's long limbs are great for submissions. Just ask Frank Mir or AA.

Tim's goal will be to stop the takedown. A knee to Jeff's head while he is shooting could end this one really quick. I'm not sure if Tim wants to take the risk though. If the knee doesn't do significant damage he will be flat on his back and more than likely on the way to losing his belt. I suspect he will employ a jab/uppercut while moving backwards defense. Chuck used it to perfection in his last fight against Babalu.

Overall this is a classic style matchup. Tim hoping to keep it standing and Snowman hoping to chop that tree down. Should be a great fight! I am a big fan of both men so I will only be disappointed if the pace slows to a crawl.

"DULCE ET DECORUM EST PRO PATRIA MORI"
theboz19 is offline   Reply With Quote