Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Lutter Has Best Chance Against Silva

953 views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  Wombatsu 
#1 ·
Before I get all of the SILVA WILL KILL LUTTER remarks.

Lutter is a world class grappler. The ONLY chance he would have is if he got it to the ground quickly and even then Silva has strong BJJ himself.

#4 ·
Lutter and Cote both may not be better than Franklin but they both are more cautious then Leben and Franklin. I hope it has been established that the game plan of running right into Silva's clench to eat knees doesn't work. I don't think Travis Lutter will make that mistake but I bet he will have to survive an early onslaught by the most accurate striker I have ever seen. Anyone know how good his chin is?

#5 ·
Chrisl972 said:

Lutter is a world class grappler. The ONLY chance he would have is if he got it to the ground quickly and even then Silva has strong BJJ himself.

I think Lutter has really strong grappling but I definatly wouldn't say he is "World Class" at all.

#7 ·
Yay. Yet another Lutter fan who thinks he actually stands a chance against Silva. Lets see some surrounding info:

Lutter - He is a good grappler. Im not saying great because grappling wouldnt even matter in a match against Silva. Im not saying Lutter stands any chance but if you would observe the Chris Leben and Rich Franklin domination by Silva. Now Chris Leben and Rich Franklin could both dominate Lutter unless Lutter gets lucky and catches them in some kind of submission. These fights would be over quickly.

Cote - Sloppy but powerful striker. Cote vs Lutter is going to be one hell of a battle. When Cote gets taken down he never stays down but manages to wiggle out of the guard/half guard he is in most of the time and gets back to his feet and back to the striking. Now Cote vs Silva is one sided. Cote is no where in Silvas league but Cote could probably do more than Lutter.

(These 2 dont really need to be here but in proof that they can both destroy Lutter and both got destroyed by Silva I guess it counts)

Leben - BOOM! Knockout. Basically no explanation needed for a Leben vs Lutter fight

Franklin - Just. No.

Now to our main focus, Silva.

Silva - World class everything. We still have yet to see his submission skills in the UFC but he can shoot bombs, take bombs, and dish out some devistating knees to your nose which could leave quite an ouchie. Lutter vs Silva would be different on the other hand. Lutter would try to take silva down then get cought by some knees. Now I could be wrong but this is fight is all Silva no matter where Lutter takes it.

Now that my friend. Is some hard justice for Lutter.

#9 ·
CTFlyingKnee said:
I like this post, and I agree completely with what you're saying I think Lutter is an excellent JJ guy and def. has the potential to beat Silva
As they say in football " On any given Sunday":dunno:
I truly believe in that, anyone can lose and can be beaten, you just need to be the better fighter on that day.

#10 · (Edited)
hbdale309 said:
We all know Anderson Silva is a great fighter and will more than likely win this fight but he's been proven vulnerable to submissions...
You're kidding..right? He's lost 2 fights by submission, one fight 3 years ago and the other was a out of sheer desperation a FLYING SCISSOR HOOK HEEL, an absolutely crazy submission no one could have escaped.

If you're going to try and find a weakness in Silva atleast make sense..please.

Now as for Lutter, what I will agree with is he has a better chance at defeating Silva than Cote does...but again, no, Lutter doesnt have a "good chance". And no, Lutter is not "world class", if he was world class he'd be competing against MUCH better competition. He's a good grappler but Silva is just too well rounded for the guy. Lutter can end up eating a knee or uppercut with his slow takedowns with such a dangerous opponent. He's light years ahead of Lutter for striking and is better than him on the ground. C'mon people...just...think.

Listen, if these guys werent on this show, the same people that are going around "These guys have a chance against Silva", if Lutter or Cote all of a sudden got a title shot WITHOUT being on the show, they would think differently about the entire thing.

I'm tellin you, the people that think Lutter or Cote can beat Silva is just out the sheer fact that they don't want to be cheated, from watching the TUF show and following these guys through several weeks, they just want to convince themselves that Lutter/Cote is going to give Silva a rough time...listen people, it's not happening, I'm sorry, not from these 2. There were reasons why these guys were on this show to begin with. Silva is going to get pushed, he is going to lose, he is going to have a close fight, but it's not coming from these 2 guys, I'm sorry you feel cheated.

You can pull that shit "On every given Sunday anyone can win", OF COURSE, we KNOW this, it's for EVERY sport, but if all you have to go on is "on any given Sunday", it obviously means you have your doubts.

#11 ·
Alex_DeLarge said:
You're kidding..right? He's lost 2 fights by submission, one fight 3 years ago and the other was a out of sheer desperation a FLYING SCISSOR HOOK HEEL, an absolutely crazy submission no one could have escaped.

If you're going to try and find a weakness in Silva atleast make sense..please.

Now as for Lutter, what I will agree with is he has a better chance at defeating Silva than Cote does...but again, no, Lutter doesnt have a "good chance". And no, Lutter is not "world class", if he was world class he'd be competing against MUCH better competition. He's a good grappler but Silva is just too well rounded for the guy. Lutter can end up eating a knee or uppercut with his slow takedowns with such a dangerous opponent. He's light years ahead of Lutter for striking and is better than him on the ground. C'mon people...just...think.

Listen, if these guys werent on this show, the same people that are going around "These guys have a chance against Silva", if Lutter or Cote all of a sudden got a title shot WITHOUT being on the show, they would think differently about the entire thing.

I'm tellin you, the people are think Lutter or Cote can beat Silva is just our the sheer fact that they don't want to be cheated, from watching the TUF show and following these guys through several weeks, they just want to convince themselves that Lutter/Cote is going to give Silva a rough time...listen people, it's not happening, I'm sorry, not from these 2. There were reasons why these guys were on this show to begin with. Silva is going to get pushed, he is going to lose, he is going to have a close fight, but it's not coming from these 2 guys, I'm sorry you feel cheated.

You can pull that shit "On every given Sunday anyone can win", OF COURSE, we KNOW this, it's for EVERY sport, but if all you have to go on is "on any given Sunday", it obviously means you have your doubts.
Nice post. Way better explanation then I gave.

#13 · (Edited)
Chrisl972 said:

WOW, you thought of that all by yourself ?

and Silva by brutal KO, Lutter is not STRONG enough to take Silva down imo, did you see the way he just threw Leben like a rag doll , and the way he tossed Franklin around in the clinch, Jeremy Horn who is a fighter JUST like Lutter, but better, had big problems taking Silvva down. and that was 4-5 yrs ago i think... Lutter would most likely get KO'd in the 1st

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.