MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Back to Basics

Thread: Back to Basics
View Single Post

Old 07-13-2008, 08:02 PM   #66 (permalink)
ozz525
Lights Out
Image Hosting by Picoodle.com

ozz525 will become famous soon enoughozz525 will become famous soon enoughozz525 will become famous soon enoughozz525 will become famous soon enoughozz525 will become famous soon enoughozz525 will become famous soon enoughozz525 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMan View Post
I see what you're saying.

In terms of breaks, I use alot of hip grinds (pushing the elbows into the hips) and I use the jailbreak guard opener alot. I also try and get a knee in the guard and pop it open that way, which works really well.

The thing to be aware of with the lapel passes is that if you lose control of that leg for a second, and your opponent is quick and looking for the submission, there's a good chance you can get caught.

Personally, it's been a long time since anyone caught me in a lapel pass because of my leg flexibility. A good, flexible opponent will be able to lock down your arms even with only one leg. I don't think you have to worry about that at your level, but start working other passes too, because that one has a pretty low success rate against high level guards.
I have been using this pass latly. It isn't this exactly but more or less. Its bad ass and I have breaking guard's open pretty easily
http://jiujitsumatrix.ning.com/video...AVideo%3A10437
ozz525 is offline   Reply With Quote