MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - New some tips..new to BJJ

View Single Post

Old 11-10-2006, 03:15 PM   #9 (permalink)
IronMan
True Grappler

IronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A Baller
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan42
I am also 140 and about 6'2". when you stand up and he is able to hang on you should try to stand up and move your hips as far forward as you can, this will make it incredibly hard for him to hang on, and getting an elbow in his stomach and a hand on his thigh/leg should get you there.
I don't know who you're training with, but if you did this to me I would switch my target to your legs and pop one of your kneecaps. Plus, if you're 6'2" and 140 (I'm 5'6" and 150) then I'm going to roll up out of guard and slam on on your back, either with a doubleleg or a hip toss, depending on where I catch you.

If you are that much taller then your opponent (and you sound like Kendall Grove proportions) then I might even shoot for my low single to kneebar combinations.

Obviously, this is stuff I picked up after a long period of training, but all of this stuff can be done with basic wrestling and some sambo.
IronMan is offline   Reply With Quote