Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

UFC 66: Chuck Liddell Vs. Tito Ortiz

17K views 107 replies 66 participants last post by  andy_olinyk 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Date: 12/30/2006 10:00 PM ET
Event Type: PPV Live

The much anticipated rematch - Tito Ortiz will try to get the Light Heavyweight belt back from Chuck Liddell - Saturday, December 30th, 2006, at the MGM Grand Arena in Las Vegas.

#31 · (Edited)
Chuck vs Tito

Everybody knows (or should know) that Chuck has one of the best take down defense and for sure Tito won't try to stand up with Chuck. So if Tito can't take him down for sure he gonna get knocked out. I just hope that once the fight is over The UFC will setup a match VS Wenderlai Silva. Cause man that would be answome but i don't think they will since Chuck would probably loose his belt. But who knows!!:dunno:

#32 ·
Everybody knows (or should know) that Chuck has one of the best take down defense and for sure Tito won't try to stand up with Chuck. So if Tito can't take him down for sure he gonna get knocked out. I just hope that once the fight is over The UFC will setup a match VS Wenderlai Silva. Cause man that would be answome but i don't think they will since Chuck would probably loose his belt. But who knows!!
Yes I do agree with your assessment. Chucks takedown defense is too good. Tito has a glass jaw and will not be able to take the crazy barrage of punches that chuck will throw at him. As far as Wanderlei goes, there probably won't be a fight between them because of Wanderlei's loss to Cro Cop during the Grand Prix. He does not seem indestructible anymore. Haha lets see chuck fight Cro Cop, if that was the case then we all know who would win that fight. I hate Pride but (overall) they are much better strikers than the fighters in the UFC. Do you guys think that the UFC should enact a card system like Pride does for boring fights? I know its off subject but just curious.

#33 ·
Tango87 said:
Yes I do agree with your assessment. Chucks takedown defense is too good. Tito has a glass jaw and will not be able to take the crazy barrage of punches that chuck will throw at him. As far as Wanderlei goes, there probably won't be a fight between them because of Wanderlei's loss to Cro Cop during the Grand Prix. He does not seem indestructible anymore. Haha lets see chuck fight Cro Cop, if that was the case then we all know who would win that fight. I hate Pride but (overall) they are much better strikers than the fighters in the UFC. Do you guys think that the UFC should enact a card system like Pride does for boring fights? I know its off subject but just curious.
Lol at this whole post.

everyone calls me dumb, but saying UFC has the best strikers is a joke, they have good ones like GSP anderson silva, but the overall organization is shit when its compared to pride. I STILL LIKE UFC!!

If they want to make UFC more exciting, they should take atleast the 1 thing pride has, which is the stalling rule, if a fighter gets called for stalling that fighter lose a % of his purse. Then you'd see the fighters step it up alittle bit and see the excitment of Pride in the UFC.

#34 ·
adminmma said:
I did, and i just added another 10,000

Chuck is going down. :D

I will take side bets. :D
Ill take a side bet, you sound 100% give me better odds then what is being shown on there, 2/1 if chuck wins!!!!

ill put as much as you are willing to give to me, because you are just going to owe me anyways.....

The only way Tito is going to win, is if he lays on top of him... and we all know Chuck doesn't like to be on his back.... SO TITO WILL GET OWNED!!

#37 ·
aznmaniac0909 said:
just outta curiousity how does the whole betting thing work? like if i bet 1000 for chuck how much do i get back if he wins? and if i bet 1000 for tito how much do i get back?
Ive also been wondering this. If chuck is 1 to 1 and I bet 1000 on him I dont think that I get any points back because, when I bet 50 on stevenson I didnt get anything back.
Btw if u bet 1000 on tito u get 2000 back

#38 ·
ozz525 said:
Ive also been wondering this. If chuck is 1 to 1 and I bet 1000 on him I dont think that I get any points back because, when I bet 50 on stevenson I didnt get anything back.
Btw if u bet 1000 on tito u get 2000 back
i kinda thought it would be 3000 since the odds were 3/1 and wats the point of betting on someone if u wont get anything back? i bet on gomi and i actually lost money wtfs up wit that

#43 ·
randy said:
if pride is all that then what happened to what's -his-namke that fought Huges I think in his last pay-for-view??? The gut Huges fought was from the great pride.
What are you even talking about. Who has Hughes fought from pride lately. He fought GSP, BJ Penn, Royce Gracie and Joe Riggs last. Royce Gracie had 3 fights in pride like 3 years ago, but he is a washed up has been fighter anyway, otherwise none of these guys fought in pride.

#45 ·
Iceman by KO in the third round.. I don't even think I'll bet on this, it's not worth my points.. However, Admin? ARe you planning on putting all the other fights on this card up? Jason Macdonald (Canadian :D) VS Chris Leban will be realllly good, I want to bet on that. Haha. Thanks.

#46 ·
steveo412 said:
What are you even talking about. Who has Hughes fought from pride lately. He fought GSP, BJ Penn, Royce Gracie and Joe Riggs last. Royce Gracie had 3 fights in pride like 3 years ago, but he is a washed up has been fighter anyway, otherwise none of these guys fought in pride.
is he talking about hayato sakurai....that was so long ago

#48 ·
Since I'm pretty new I put 100 on Chuck, haha. Although ive been thinking, whats the point of betting on him if you only get your money back? Someone enlighten me. I'm 99.9% sure Chuck is going to win though. :D

BTW I think Matt Hughes could fair pretty well in PRIDE.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.