MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Need A New Computer / Help With Your Current PC?

View Single Post

Old 11-11-2006, 08:38 PM   #31 (permalink)
attention
Lightweight

attention Is Beloved By Allattention Is Beloved By Allattention Is Beloved By Allattention Is Beloved By Allattention Is Beloved By Allattention Is Beloved By Allattention Is Beloved By Allattention Is Beloved By Allattention Is Beloved By Allattention Is Beloved By Allattention Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabby
I want to upgrade my pc without buying a whole new setup. Could you give me a list of everything i would need to get. The only thing I will use that i currently have is my floppy drive, hd, cd drive.
Im of the mind set, dont pay for stuff you wont ever use...

so the question is, what do you plan to use this computer for?

1) doc writing, surfin, email, downloadin stuff (torrents/p2p), forums, and the occasional game

2) hard core gamin'

Did you want item names & specs? or just generally what you will need?

If its gonna be (1), you might want to consider an 'all-in-one' deal from a big box store or Dell or something like that...

in general, you are gonna need:
-Mobo
-CPU
-RAM
-PowerSupply

You should still have your old case right? that'll save you 30-50 bucks
The only reason I listed PowerSupply is because newer Mobos have different pin configs as well as the CPU may have higher power requirements...

You got yer HD, keyboard + mouse, speakers... the Floppy and CD are fine too.. but im not sure what to use the floppy for anymore
attention is offline   Reply With Quote