MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Anderson Silva vs. Travis Lutter

View Single Post

Old 11-12-2006, 12:04 PM   #26 (permalink)
ShootBoxer
Flyweight

ShootBoxer has a little shameless behaviour in the past
If Lutter has success getting the fight down, he won't have an "easy" time of trying to submit Silva because of Silva's length, core and leg strength. These are tools that can be useful in controlling someone from the bottom to get the fight back standing.

I too noticed Lutter telegraphs his take down attempts with that left jab followed by the quick drop for a single leg or possibly an ankle pick which I think Silva can get a line on and exploit.

On the other hand Silva fights in an unorthodox stance with his lead leg being that much closer for Lutter to grab.

I've seen Silva effectively control guys in his guard AND reverse them without unlocking his legs and finishing them with strikes.

I've still got some more thinking to do on this one, but you guys can play with those bits of information and come up with some more scenarios. Especially in light of all the talk of Silva's ground ability.
ShootBoxer is offline   Reply With Quote