Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

***OFFICIAL*** - Robbie Lawler vs. Scott Smith DISCUSSION THREAD (pre/post)

3K views 55 replies 25 participants last post by  ToeZup 
#1 ·

Conduct all of your pre & post-fight discussion on the EliteXC: Unfinished Business main event - which will showcase a highly-anticipated rematch for the EliteXC Middleweight Championship, between the Reigning EliteXC Middleweight Champ, "Ruthless" Robbie Lawler, as he takes on the very heavy-handed challenger, Scott "Hands Of Steel" Smith in HERE. ALL other threads pertaining to this fight, as always WILL BE MERGED INTO THIS ONE.

Thanks guys.

- T.B.

See less See more
#2 ·
Lawler is gonna get it. I think he might have underestimated Smith the first time and now is coming fully prepared. Smith can still win this. He landed some good punches, but Lawler is the tougher fighter and will end it late or win by decision. Come'on guys, am I the only one going to watch it?

#4 ·
If the punchers chance theory is ever to be used in an argument for a fight, it definatly has to be for this one.

Lawler hands are quicker and he has better combinations. And he hits like a brickhouse.

But damn Smith can take those shots, and he can give punishment. He throws great elbows and lands heavy blows.

I think Lawler takes this. But Smith has an unbeleivable punchers chance.

Reactions: Ape City
#6 ·
I don't foresee Scott being as much of a test as he was the first go 'round. I think Robbie might have slightly underestimated him in that bout.

This time though, we'll see Lawler come in with a formulated game plan for the fight, and just pick Smith apart at-will.

Like others have said, Scott has a great puncher's chance here...but he's not fighting Pete Sell. He's fighting Robbie Lawler, the guy who RIPPED right through Ninja, in a way I've never seen before. I mean, his loss to Kang was bad, but the way Robbie PUT HIM AWAY was just nasty.

I would not be opposed to Lawler vs. Shamrock either.

#7 ·
I think Robbie KO's him in round 3.

However I will say I think this will be a action packed brawl I just think Lawler is better on the feet.

#13 ·
I think Robbie is just to good on his feet for Smith.

Robbie is a slow starter so I could see Smith taking the first round but I think Robbie will finish Smith at some point in the 3rd.

#15 ·
Frank has braces right now he got them put in since he can't fight for awhile and he needed them at some point so he figured while he has a brake in his fight career he can get it out of the way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.