MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - MMA's Most Vicious Strike?

View Single Post

Old 06-28-2006, 07:13 PM   #29 (permalink)
Onganju
Outta My Head

Onganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush
How can shins be deadly? It would hurt like heck if you tried hitting someone on the ground with your shin. Plus there are a minimum amount of ways you can use your shins in a fight.
Using the Muay Thai methodology of kicking, when one kicks to the Body or Leg, they will connect with the shin approximately 3-4 inches up from their foot. The reason being is that the shin is one solid bone, and not comprised of multiple smaller bones and cartiledge like the instep of your foot. In that case, you're swinging your leg like a large club that is less likely to break if you're hitting with your foot. Only when you're kicking an opponent in the neck/head would you be hitting them with your foot, unless you're real close and real flexible.

Queng leon queng tigre ecu tacacut, queca pa? - Pampangan Mandarigma Motto

My Blog <--READ IT!
Onganju is offline   Reply With Quote