Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Greatest UFC Fighter Of All Time

3K views 48 replies 28 participants last post by  Heggi 
#1 ·
#2 ·
gay

Man that article blows ass. The stupid UFC nuthugger who wrote that needs to get his head examined. Speaking like Tito Ortiz and Matt Hughes are the best in the business...for **** sakes they both suck and are boring to watch (Tito more so than Hughes) Its harder to take away from Hughes because ye she has won in the UFC a lot...but I was watching the line up for the Bushido event...and Matt Hughes wouldnt fend too well in the tournament.

People are yelling at people about being on Anderson Silvas nuts...but come on...people are all over Titos and Hughes nuts for the last few years...

Both very overrated fighters...in the grand scheme of things.

I sure hope Dana White sends Matt Hughes over to Pride to join a tournament...just like he did with Chuck (or did he learn the first time)
Matt might get by the first round...but he would be overwhelmed by the more elite fighters in the competition...and the no stall rule would prove problems for Hughes.

NaChOmAmA

#3 ·
Randy Couture

Randy would bet my vote for best ever. Tito and Matt are 1 dimesional fighters, Tito was a great champ but his performances lately have been lame. Matt is also a great fighter with wins over some very great competion, but he just is not well rounded enogh.

#4 ·
sxrxnrr said:
Randy would bet my vote for best ever. Tito and Matt are 1 dimesional fighters, Tito was a great champ but his performances lately have been lame. Matt is also a great fighter with wins over some very great competion, but he just is not well rounded enogh.
I agree...Randy would also be my pick.

#5 ·
NaChOmAmA said:
Man that article blows ass. The stupid UFC nuthugger who wrote that needs to get his head examined. Speaking like Tito Ortiz and Matt Hughes are the best in the business...for **** sakes they both suck and are boring to watch (Tito more so than Hughes) Its harder to take away from Hughes because ye she has won in the UFC a lot...but I was watching the line up for the Bushido event...and Matt Hughes wouldnt fend too well in the tournament.

People are yelling at people about being on Anderson Silvas nuts...but come on...people are all over Titos and Hughes nuts for the last few years...

Both very overrated fighters...in the grand scheme of things.

I sure hope Dana White sends Matt Hughes over to Pride to join a tournament...just like he did with Chuck (or did he learn the first time)
Matt might get by the first round...but he would be overwhelmed by the more elite fighters in the competition...and the no stall rule would prove problems for Hughes.

NaChOmAmA
Wow!!!...Ok, I guess I should have put "Greatest UFC fighter of all times"...

#6 ·
hahahah

its not like I was angry in my post!

Just sick of hearing Matt Hughes and Tito are amazing.

They are just too 1 dimensional fighters and boring to watch.

UFC is becoming stale unless they get some good talent!

Anderson Silva was a good choice...although he made the UFC fighters look like a bunch of chumps (because they are)
and hopefully Fedors bro Aleks comes soon! It will be interesting to see how he fends against the UFC heavyweights...becuase hes not really a top pride competitor...hes actually supposedly only beaten cans...so if he comes and wipes out the HW division...it will again show the low level of competition the UFC has to offer.

NaChOmAmA

#7 ·
NaChOmAmA said:
hahahah

Anderson Silva was a good choice...although he made the UFC fighters look like a bunch of chumps (because they are)
and hopefully Fedors bro Aleks comes soon! It will be interesting to see how he fends against the UFC heavyweights...becuase hes not really a top pride competitor...hes actually supposedly only beaten cans...so if he comes and wipes out the HW division...it will again show the low level of competition the UFC has to offer.

NaChOmAmA
I do somewhat agree with you...Hughes is a 1 dimensional fighter for the most part, but I do think he's a great fighter but not the greatest of all times...As far as Tito is concerned, he is also in my opinion a good figther, but should never be mentioned as the greatest of all times...

#8 ·
Snowman said:
I do somewhat agree with you...Hughes is a 1 dimensional fighter for the most part, but I do think he's a great fighter but not the greatest of all times...As far as Tito is concerned, he is also in my opinion a good figther, but should never be mentioned as the greatest of all times...

Agreed!

Greatest fighters of all time

Royce Gracie
Ken Shamrock
Fedor
Cro Cop

Those are guys that have potential to be considered the greatest IMO.
Fedor is the best today
Royce was the best in his day

All depends on the situation.

1 thing I know for sure is it isnt matt hughes or tito ortiz

NaChOmAmA

#9 ·
NaChOmAmA said:
Agreed!

Greatest fighters of all time

Royce Gracie
Ken Shamrock
Fedor
Cro Cop

Those are guys that have potential to be considered the greatest IMO.
Fedor is the best today
Royce was the best in his day

All depends on the situation.

1 thing I know for sure is it isnt matt hughes or tito ortiz

NaChOmAmA
If we talk about the early days of the UFC, Gracie and Shamrock should definitely be mentioned as the greatest of all times...They pretty much made UFC...

As far as Cro Cop and Fedor are concerned, I don't really follow Pride, so I can't really comment on them...But I have seen some of there fights and they are for sure some of the best Pound for Pound MMA fighters in the world.

#10 ·
If you like UFC, you should really try watching some Pride.

Its not truley fair to compare Pride and UFC because Pride is better in every aspect so its kinda like comparing a Ford to a Porche.

Best fighters in the UFC today

- Anderson Silva (amazing in every aspect)
- Andre Arlovski (if he would let it all hang out in the cage)
- Chuck Liddell (although not very well rounded...hes fun to watch)
- George St. Pierre (Potential to be the best WW of all times and will school Hughes next weekend)
- BJ Penn

I think those guys are some of the exceptions to the "UFC Fighters suck" rule.

NaChOmAmA

#13 ·
Snowman said:
If we talk about the early days of the UFC, Gracie and Shamrock should definitely be mentioned as the greatest of all times...They pretty much made UFC...

As far as Cro Cop and Fedor are concerned, I don't really follow Pride, so I can't really comment on them...But I have seen some of there fights and they are for sure some of the best Pound for Pound MMA fighters in the world.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I agree 100%:)

#14 ·
NaChOmAmA said:
hahahah

NaChOmAmA
wow u really hate tito and matt hughes every post that thier names are mentioned you alwasy have like 2 posts saying they suck :laugh: you can say they are boring but to say they suck is kinda stupid matt hughes has been the most dominant fighter in the welterweight division and he has fought hayato sakurai which is probably top 3 lightweight in pride and beat him he also recently beat BJ penn and you can make all the excuses you want but at the end of the day he won and bj penn has been one of the few to beat the top dog at pride lightweight my favorite fighter takanori gomi so im not going to say anything if you find them boring thats your opinion but if they say they suck well thats another story tito has been going kinda downhill lately in my opinion so i wont defend him much until he beats chuck(if he can)

#15 ·
How can you say people suck because they're "one dimensional" I dont care how one dimensional a guy is if hes great at his thing and wins fights hes a great fighter. Hughes and Tito may be one dimensional but theyve both beat plenty of well rounded fighters. The question wasnt most well rounded fighter, it was greatest fighter, and when it comes to greatest fighters in UFC history Matt Hughes deserves to be mentioned as much as anyone. Tito deserves to be in the convo but hes definatly not the greatest. Anyway, the greatest is measured on your wins and not your fighting style.

And the debate on whose better between UFC and Pride is getting rather old. So quit with the Pride nuthugging and keep your comments on that matter to yourself.

#22 ·
Heggi said:
because frank shamrock is just a lame fighter and
he is so overated.. :mad:
hmm.. i think i hate that guy....

Tito, is that you????

Top UFC fighters of all time:

1) Royce Gracie
2) Frank Shamrock
3) Randy Couture
4) Matt Hughes
5) winner of Liddell/Ortiz lol

#23 ·
I think Frank shamrock is a lot better than a lot of the other fighters being mentioned. Frank beat ortiz...and he would destroy hughes...so Frank is a lot more deserving of the best fighter award!

NaChOmAmA

#24 ·
NaChOmAmA said:
I think Frank shamrock is a lot better than a lot of the other fighters being mentioned. Frank beat ortiz...and he would destroy hughes...so Frank is a lot more deserving of the best fighter award!

NaChOmAmA
agree lol btw i would love to see frank/liddell and frank/ortiz 2 happen even tho it most likely never will.

greatest ufc fighters i would say is frank shamrock, chuck liddell, randy couture,and matt hughes

#25 ·
NaChOmAmA said:

NaChOmAmA

Hahaha ! :laugh: Frank will destroy hughes? wtf..
dude, i hope your kidding..
Frank cant even beat a B class fighter anymore..
he SUCKS! ok..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.