MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Lyoto Machida vs Thiago Silva UFC 89 !

View Single Post

Old 08-05-2008, 05:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
Brydon
Featherweight

Brydon is on another level nowBrydon is on another level nowBrydon is on another level nowBrydon is on another level nowBrydon is on another level nowBrydon is on another level nowBrydon is on another level nowBrydon is on another level nowBrydon is on another level nowBrydon is on another level nowBrydon is on another level now
Lyoto Machida vs Thiago Silva UFC 89 !

It's official, Lyoto Machida will face Thiago Silva in the co-main event of UFC 89.

I'm salivating at the thought of this fight, arguably the two best up and coming brazilians in the division going at it with the winner to receive a title shot.

Both guys are very well rounded with solid wrestling good striking and jujitsi.

The striking IMO favours Lyoto as Thiago's brawling style fits perfectly into Lyoto's elusive counter punching style, however Thiago definitly has the BJJ advantage in this fight.

IMO the victor of this bout will depend upon the striking game, can Thiago disrupt Lyoto enough to set up a takedown and implement his brilliant top game, GNPing, passing and perhaps looking for the submission.

If Tito can come as close as he did to submitting Lyoto then I'm giving Thiago a good chance of finishing the fight on the ground, or at least staying busy enough to take the round from Lyoto.

I'd love to see Thaigo take this one but I can't see him being able to take Lyoto down, I'm going for Lyoto by UD.

What do you guys think?
Brydon is offline   Reply With Quote