MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - touching gloves before a fight

View Single Post

Old 08-06-2008, 01:18 AM   #1 (permalink)
MMA_76
MMA Fanatic

MMA_76 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
touching gloves before a fight

alright i am wondering about touching gloves during a fight. Now i realize that touching gloves with a guy that u r about to fight signifies respect but i see that mma fighters are doing this in the first round of the fight, and in some fights they do it at the begining of each round which i think is ubnoxious. i mean some attacks need to be a surprise, some of the best knockouts in mma have been in the first 15 seconds of the fight or a round, or a surprise takedown in the begginning of a round could show that he had more dominance in the cage or ring.
just in my mind i have 15 minutes to prove to 3 judges that i am a superior fighter than you are and if u want to touch gloves that could take a vital attack out of my arsenal. but then im not going to go in to touch gloves and throw a kick to ur liver or cheap shot u, thats just against my ethics for me.
i think that if i touch gloves with u before the fight i dont have to waste time to touch gloves with you during the fitght and after i can show respect.
i just want to see what other fighters think about this and have in mind i have never had an organized fight so i might be missing something but just want to know others suggestions
MMA_76 is offline   Reply With Quote