MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Jake Sheilds Takes All Challenges Even At 185.

View Single Post

Old 08-07-2008, 01:13 PM   #15 (permalink)
_RIVAL_
-NOW YOU SLEEP-

_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum
Quote:
Look Shields can make all the claims about wanting top competition he wants. There is only 1 other top ten fighter in the circus known as elite xc, Robbie Lawler.
Eddie Alvarez is a top ten fighter what are you talking about?

And after Japan, he should be top 5 in my opinion. It's also funny how Nick Diaz isn't top 10 or K.J. Noons. EliteXC is less a circus and more a thorn in your side.

Sheilds isn't making "claims" he really wants to fight the best.

He isn't however going to sell his soul to Dana and the Fertitas for less money and a locked up contract. He's definatly smart. Why can't GSP come play? Because his daddy Dana says no?

This circus you speak of respects it's fighters with respectable contracts and a decent payday. How bout that?

Quote:
There are about four guys in the top ten at 185 that aren't in the UFC.
One of the top 10 in the UFC is named Yushin Okami. He got his ass handed to him by EliteXCs Jake Sheilds.

Quote:
You've got Filho who's locked into a WEC contract.
And you want Sheilds to work for the Fertitas? Is there a fighter under Zuffa who isn't locked down?

Quote:
There's Misaki and Akiyama who have never fought in the US and I don't see them coming to Elite XC if they chose to come over.
"bbjd7" ansered you on this. Misaki is signed with Strikeforce so you'll be seeing him in an EliteXC cage soon enough. Add another 10er to the mix.

So not only are your facts wrong here but so is your prediction.

Quote:
The only other guy at 185 is Lindland. Shields is way too small for Lindland.
Sheilds has expressed his willingness to move up in weight. Thus they'd weigh in the same. You just really think Sheilds isn't good don't you?

Quote:
Shields shot himself in the foot when he decided to take the money Elite XC was offering rather than get respect by fighting the best in the UFC. He simply needs to ride out his contract, and then go fight with the big boys
Again you are wrong. In my opinion Jake is better than John Fitch. I know his Jiu-Jitsu is. And his striking is pin point. Ride out his contract? Looks as if the UFC has an issue with their own fighters riding out their contracts......and leaving.

Looks like your circus has it's fighters respect. And that counts more than your ill informed opinions.

MMAForum.....You Know You Love It..

_RIVALS TOP 10

ANDERSON "THE SPIDER" SILVA
JAKE SHIELDS
NICK DIAZ
EDDIE ALVAREZ
JUNIOR "CIGANO" DOS SANTOS
GILBERT MELENDEZ
MAMED "THE CANNIBAL" KHALIDOV
HECTOR "SHANGO" LOMBARD
CAIN VELASQUEZ
GEGARD "THE DREAM CATCHER" MOUSASI