MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Jake Sheilds Takes All Challenges Even At 185.

View Single Post

Old 08-07-2008, 03:19 PM   #20 (permalink)
Damone
attention whore

Damone Smells Like TunaDamone Smells Like TunaDamone Smells Like TunaDamone Smells Like TunaDamone Smells Like TunaDamone Smells Like TunaDamone Smells Like TunaDamone Smells Like TunaDamone Smells Like TunaDamone Smells Like TunaDamone Smells Like Tuna
I was bored, so I re-watched Shields vs Okami.

Rd 1.

Okami controlled the clinch game. Jake tries like hell to take Okami down, gets him down but Yushin gets back up. They start trading a little, and Yushin lands a really nice body kick. They both try for a takedown, Jake goes for a leg-lock, Okami gets out and Jake lands some knees.

10-9 Shields, based on actually trying to work. Hardly an asskicking in that round.

Rd 2.

Jake tries to take Okami down and starts kicking air. Nice body kick from Yushin. Jake works like hell for a takedown. Nice takedown defense from Okami. They break up and Shields lands a nice leg-kick and goes for yet another takedown. Jake gets him down, but Okami is trying to get back up. Jake gets Okami's back but Yushin shows excellent defense and actually attempts a kimura. More defending of the takedown from Okami. Okami lands some nice shots to Shields head. I kind of yawn. They stand and trade, nobody lands anything of note. Round over.

10-9 Shields, based on actually trying to, you know, do something.

Rd 3.

Jake goes for a sloppy takedown and Okami sprawls. More shooting, more sprawling. Jake pulls guard. Okami in half-guard, showing great control. Okami unleashes some nice GnP. Jake is doing nothing but defending. Okami is smoking Shields on the ground, which I find funny, since you said Shields had it on the ground. Okami gets his back and Shields gets up. Shields is bleeding. Yushin lands some nice punches standing. Shields' ear is bleeding and the ref stops to check the cut and bloody nose. Shields tries to kick and panics. Nasty body kick from Okami. Shields had him standing, you say?

10-9 Okami, based on basically destroying Jake Shields.

29-28 for Shields using the 10-9 scoring system. Using the Pride system, the winner was easily Yushin Okami. I could see how many thought Okami won, since he made Shields fight his fight and had that huge third round. You are too biased towards Jake Shields.