MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Jake Sheilds Takes All Challenges Even At 185.

View Single Post

Old 08-07-2008, 10:38 PM   #26 (permalink)
_RIVAL_
-NOW YOU SLEEP-

_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum
Quote:
First of all mmaweekly, yahoo sports, sherdog.com, and tapout magazine don't have Alavarez in the top ten,
What a joke. I'm telling you, EliteXC fighters are not rated correctly.

Quote:
Also he only has fought under the proelite banner once. He is not under contract, therefore isn't even their fighter.
You're wrong here, EliteXC has allowed him to compete in Japan. Who told you this lie? They should be punished

http://www.mmaringreport.com/elitexc...-elite-xc.html

http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2008/01/...ent-on-jan-25/

http://www.themmadigest.com/2008/01/...ong-term-deal/

Quote:
As far as selling his soul to go the UFC, I don't know why you hate the UFC so much. Maybe, you really are Frank Shamrock.
I don't hate any MMA org, nor will you find a post of mine that says such. Don't put words in my mouth. It discredits you.

Quote:
Maybe, you really are Frank Shamrock.
Um, yeah.......

Quote:
Maybe you work for Proelite.
Ya got me!

Quote:
Any way it goes Jake Shields remaining in Elite XC, is like a great basketball player passing up the NBA to play in Europe.
It's not that simple. It's becoming common knowledge that alot of fighters in the UFC have had money and contract issues with Dana. Why would an intelligent fighter place himself in that situation?

Quote:
The reason to get locked down in a contract with the Ferritas is so that he can spend the next three years fighting the best competition and procing himself.
Alot of great fighters have left the UFC. Maybe it's not the best place right now.

Quote:
As far as Jake being better than Fitch, you're the only one I've ever heard say that. Fitch is the consensus number 2 in the world.
I do think he's better than Fitch. Especially his Jiu-Jitsu.

As far as your consensus is concerned I can't put my trust in people who wouldn't put Eddie Alvarez in the top 10. Or when they rank Carlos Condit over Jake Shields when Sheilds has defeated Condit.

Quote:
Also if you honestly think that Jake won't spend his entire fight with Lindland getting pounded, then you haven't seen Lindland fight.
Says you. I've seen alot of Lindland. Have you really studied Shields?

Quote:
They won't weigh the same. Shields won't have to cut weight and will weigh about 185. By fight time Lindland could weigh about 200.
That's possible, It would be a good fight. I think Shields would be very compeditive.

Quote:
Elite XC is a thorn in the UFC's side, one that is going to be easily pulled out and thrown in the garbage. They already have had the heads of the company step down. They are losing so much money, they need a miracle to save the company.
Only time will tell, Shaw stepping down was more than likley not of his own will. I think you're very wrong about 80% of your post.

MMAForum.....You Know You Love It..

_RIVALS TOP 10

ANDERSON "THE SPIDER" SILVA
JAKE SHIELDS
NICK DIAZ
EDDIE ALVAREZ
JUNIOR "CIGANO" DOS SANTOS
GILBERT MELENDEZ
MAMED "THE CANNIBAL" KHALIDOV
HECTOR "SHANGO" LOMBARD
CAIN VELASQUEZ
GEGARD "THE DREAM CATCHER" MOUSASI