MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Jake Sheilds Takes All Challenges Even At 185.

View Single Post

Old 08-08-2008, 03:36 AM   #29 (permalink)
_RIVAL_
-NOW YOU SLEEP-

_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum
Quote:
Hett
Quote:
You'll have a hard time finding any person who doesn't have pay issues with their boss.
I haven't heard one member of Affliction, EliteXC, or Strikeforce complain.

Quote:
Money isn't always the only or most important factor when one works for a company.
Neither is popularity. Drew Fickett has beaten Kenny Florian and Josh Koscheck. Both ranked top 10. Drew's not ranked. Looks like EliteXC ain't the most popular bunch.

Quote:
If Shields really wants to be considered the best, he'll go to UFC when he can.
Says you. He's got some good oppourtunities at WW and MW.
And since Alvarez moves between LW and WW I'd love to see that one. If the money is right it is a possibility.

Quote:
It's not like he couldn't make more or close to the same with the UFC,
The Jury is still out on that one.

Quote:
not too mention I'm sure his sponsorships could increase because more people watch UFC than EliteXC.
Very true, I agree with you on this.

Quote:
Shields will NEVER be considered the best if he doesn't defeat the WW's in the UFC.
It matters how stable the UFCs WW division stays, and which WW fighters EliteXC brings in. Affliction, and DREAM are young and building also. If they sign WW power you can bet that Shields will play in their yard.

Quote:
So what is more important for Shields? Money or being the best?
I would honestly assume that it's a little bit of both.

Quote:
Shields sounds like to me he wants to stay the big fish in the little pond that is EliteXC
Or maybe as Roger Huerta recently put it "be loyal to an organization who will be loyal to him".

Quote:
Besides HW's, who? Of those, Couture is the only one they tried to keep.
If it wasn't for the money issue they would have kept Tito Ortiz.

Quote:
That was two years ago and since then, Condit has beaten better opponents I think. But the rankings I'm looking at have Shields well ahead of Condit.
You're right about this.

Quote:
But no ranking in sports is going to make everyone happy.
I think Eddie Alvarez deserves top 5 rank.

MMAForum.....You Know You Love It..

_RIVALS TOP 10

ANDERSON "THE SPIDER" SILVA
JAKE SHIELDS
NICK DIAZ
EDDIE ALVAREZ
JUNIOR "CIGANO" DOS SANTOS
GILBERT MELENDEZ
MAMED "THE CANNIBAL" KHALIDOV
HECTOR "SHANGO" LOMBARD
CAIN VELASQUEZ
GEGARD "THE DREAM CATCHER" MOUSASI