MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Jake Sheilds Takes All Challenges Even At 185.

View Single Post

Old 08-08-2008, 07:04 PM   #36 (permalink)
_RIVAL_
-NOW YOU SLEEP-

_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum
Quote:
rockybalboa25
Quote:
Of course you haven't heard Affliction guys complain. They had one PPV, in which they paid their fighters so much that they lost money on the PPV.
They pay their fighters well? Good for them. Probably keeps the morale up. And hey, these are the men doing combat in the cage, they are the reason that these orgs make any money at all. It's good to hear that they're being taken care of.

Quote:
Yes Fickett beat these guys YEARS ago. This was in their 5th and 3rd fights respectively. Since then he has lost to Parisyan, Burkman, and Richard Villes (who?).
The Villes loss was what a week ago? Before That loss he was on a 5 fight win streak with a 34-5 record, wins over Josh Koscheck and Kenny Florian. Still wasn't ranked.

Quote:
Yes the UFC WW division is the one that's going to drop off.
The question is where will their fighters be ranked next year, 1 or 2 losses from key guys throw off rankings quite effectivly.

Quote:
Not the companies that can't turn a profit like Affliction. Why would shields go to DREAM where he would make significantly less money? American fighters don't make big money in dream.
Wow! Aren't you the same guy who said "Sheilds shot himself in the foot when he deciced to take the money EliteXC offerd him........rather than fighting the best...

So now you're saying that he should be concerned with money?

Quote:
Do you honestly think Huerta deserves the money he's asking for? If Huerta was claiming to be a top LW, you'd attack him. Since he fits your argument you decided to use him. Huerta will lose to Florian, and then sign for less money.
If you're asking what I honestly think about Huerta and his ambitions.........Well he is 6-0 in the UFC. Now according to you, only the best fight in the UFC. So he's looking pretty valuable to me.

As far as him signing for less money...... I don't know man, he sounds like he wants a raise.

Quote:
I am a Tito Ortiz fan, but he's not a top fighter anymore. He's a top name, but not at the level he use to be at. He's like many great fighters, and he doesn't know when to quit.
Maybe you should tell him so. He does hold a victory over the UFCs current LHW champion in Forrest Griffen.

Quote:
Once again no one that matters agrees with you. Maybe it's good that it doesn't matter what you think
If it doesn't matter what I think than why do you continue to engage in this debate? Sounds to me like it matters to you.

MMAForum.....You Know You Love It..

_RIVALS TOP 10

ANDERSON "THE SPIDER" SILVA
JAKE SHIELDS
NICK DIAZ
EDDIE ALVAREZ
JUNIOR "CIGANO" DOS SANTOS
GILBERT MELENDEZ
MAMED "THE CANNIBAL" KHALIDOV
HECTOR "SHANGO" LOMBARD
CAIN VELASQUEZ
GEGARD "THE DREAM CATCHER" MOUSASI