MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Clean out your locker.

View Single Post

Old 08-09-2008, 05:11 AM   #1 (permalink)
Cyclist
Flyweight

Cyclist is an unknown quantity at this pointCyclist is an unknown quantity at this point
Clean out your locker.

So I train at a Wing Chun gym. (Go ahead, flame, I don’t care.)

The gym I go to has be divided, cause my Sifu started adding styles that he learned, and a good portion of the students weren’t into the styles he added. So some followed his word and developed their chi, improved their softness and blah blah blah. The others that I stuck with just beat the snot out of each other.

This factioning off cause some tension between Sifu and us but it was manageable. He wanted us to like the other learn his new way of doing Wing Chun hybrid with these two styles. We tried it, and didn’t like it in the end. So he ended up teaching these two other styles on different days as an extra class.

After a year there became a clear distinction in the two classes. My group now organized the class into opening warm ups, drills, sparring, group workout and a cool down. (The class used to be pretty relaxed and open.) Recently a retired wrestling coach from Canada moved here and wanted to learn Wing Chun, we ended up striking a deal with him to train for trade for a wrestling class one day a week. A older senior student hear about this, who is a Judo Coach, go interested and came and started teaching us Judo with Wrestling, so we ended up with a Judo/Wrestling class for two days a week. This class is mostly run by the senior students.

The other group's class was and hour and a half of Tai Chi like form practice (Not that I have anything against practicing forms.) and an hour of listening to Sifu. They added meditation and healing and so on.

It has been since January now that our school has turned into completely different factions and it has been somewhat smooth.

Now tonight comes and it comes unglued. Instead of doing our regular class structure our Sifu brought in his Sifu who he learned Tai Chi from. His Sifu knew about what was going on at our school and wanted to “show us” that we are doing it wrong. He ended up smacking around one student during what was suppose to be just a demo. Well he got annoyed and ended up dropping him on the mat. After about and a half hour of award silence, class was technically over. Our group stays after and do the group workout and cool down, it was this time Sifu told the student to clean out his locker and leave then told the rest of use to straighten up.

We cleaned out our lockers.

Onward to someone’s garage!