MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Jake Sheilds Takes All Challenges Even At 185.

View Single Post

Old 08-09-2008, 02:35 PM   #38 (permalink)
_RIVAL_
-NOW YOU SLEEP-

_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum
Quote:
rockybalboa25
Quote:
First of all Affliction doesn't fight in a cage.
Your knowledge is endless.

Quote:
Second of all I am all for fighters making this kind of money. The problem is that no company can afford to pay them that amount of money, including Affliction.
They just did.

Quote:
I'd say the losses to Parisyan and Burkman probably had something to do with that.
Taken out of the top ten, with his record. Parisyan and Burkman losses. Victories over Kenny Florian and Josh Koscheck......out of the top ten? Sure that makes perfect sense.

Quote:
A loss to a top fighter doesn't drop a fighter out of the rankings.
Not even a 10er? Like say.....Mat Serra?

Quote:
For example should Rampage not be considered LHW elite, because of his loss to Griffin.
No, absolutly not. I would say Rampage is LHW top 5.

Quote:
Should Arlovski or Barnett drop out of the top 10 heavyweights after one of them loses to the other.
No, they should however drop a few down though. A loss is a loss.

Quote:
No what I am saying is moving to DREAM wouldn't move him up in the rankings or benefit him financially, so why go?
No, what you said was why should he fight in Japan, American fighters don't get paid well over there. Your words not mine.

Quote:
I'll be the first to admit that UFC protects certain fighters. Huerta is one of those guys, by not fighting top guys.
Are you in essence saying that they through media and fight timing create top fighters?

These Best as you call them are being protected until the time is right?

Quote:
Mostly they didn't want the Sports Illustrated Cover boy to lose.
They gave him Guida after S.I. That is not protection.

Quote:
Don't get me wrong his win over Guida was impressive
You don't have to tell me, I watched the fight.

Quote:
I think after a loss to Florian, he'll have to accept less. If he does pull out the upset, the UFC will have to get out their checkbook.
I think Roger wants a raise. I'm pretty sure even with a loss to Kenny if such should happen, that other orgs will still shell out a hell of a lot for Huerta. He's got one fight after this one. They may have a standoff on it.

Quote:
You right he did win a controversial decision 2 years ago.
I am aware that he won. That's why I said such.

Quote:
Unfortunately Forrest Griffin (spelled correctly)
Don't attack grammar, you don't have a leg to stand on in that dept.

Quote:
grown exponentially as a fighter since then, and Tito's skills have diminished.
If Forrest lost to Machida would you say the same about him? Bottom line is that the UFC would have kept Tito had he not demanded so much money. You make petty excuses.

Quote:
I'm really bored. That's why
I find that hard to beleive.

MMAForum.....You Know You Love It..

_RIVALS TOP 10

ANDERSON "THE SPIDER" SILVA
JAKE SHIELDS
NICK DIAZ
EDDIE ALVAREZ
JUNIOR "CIGANO" DOS SANTOS
GILBERT MELENDEZ
MAMED "THE CANNIBAL" KHALIDOV