MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Jake Sheilds Takes All Challenges Even At 185.

View Single Post

Old 08-09-2008, 06:32 PM   #40 (permalink)
rockybalboa25
On a Rampage

rockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatness
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.P. View Post
Your knowledge is endless.
I am well aware of that.

Quote:
They just did.
The point is they can't afford to continue to do so. Their own president said that fighters are going to have to make some monetary concessions. They paid big salaries in their first event to get a lot of big name heavyweights. However they are not going to be able to stay in business if they continually lose money.

Quote:
Taken out of the top ten, with his record. Parisyan and Burkman losses. Victories over Kenny Florian and Josh Koscheck......out of the top ten? Sure that makes perfect sense.
Unfortuanately rankings are what you have done recently not 2 years ago. After the loss to Parisyan, Drew went on a five fight win streak against a bunch of journeymen. None of them were quality opponents. Also a win over Florian at 170 isn't as impressive as one at 155.

Quote:
No, what you said was why should he fight in Japan, American fighters don't get paid well over there. Your words not mine.
This is what I am saying: Since American fighters aren't paid well in DREAM and going there wouldn't help his rankings, why would he go there?

Quote:
Are you in essence saying that they through media and fight timing create top fighters?

These Best as you call them are being protected until the time is right?
Really Huerta is the only fighter I can think of that won five in a row before facing a real high quality opponent in the UFC. There is a timing examples, Fitch was the #2 WW and ready to face GSP. However GSP had to face Matt Serra. So instead of putting him against a top fighter the UFC protected their #1 contender by having him face Chris Wilson. It was a tune up fight. Boxers have them all the time.

Quote:
I think Roger wants a raise. I'm pretty sure even with a loss to Kenny if such should happen, that other orgs will still shell out a hell of a lot for Huerta. He's got one fight after this one. They may have a standoff on it.
I don't see any other organization having the money to shell out for what Huerta wants. Affliction is trying to maintain their Heavyweight roster and woo Ortiz. Elite XC doesn't have the money right now available. The UFC's offer currently is more than most guys make.

Quote:
I am aware that he won. That's why I said such.
My point was that it was a controversial loss.

Quote:
If Forrest lost to Machida would you say the same about him? Bottom line is that the UFC would have kept Tito had he not demanded so much money. You make petty excuses.
No they would have paid Tito the money he was asking for if he was a top level fighter. It wasn't that Tito lost to Machida; it was the way he lost. He fought with no energy. I just don't think a guy who over the past two years has lost twice, had a draw, and wins against over the hill Shamrock deserves the deal he wanted. He was asking for a salary that would have made him the highest paid fighter in the company. Do you think Ortiz deserves to the highest paid fighter in the company?
rockybalboa25 is offline   Reply With Quote