MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Real World Self Defense

View Single Post

Old 08-10-2008, 10:00 PM   #5 (permalink)
sove
Bantamweight

sove is on another level nowsove is on another level nowsove is on another level nowsove is on another level nowsove is on another level nowsove is on another level nowsove is on another level nowsove is on another level nowsove is on another level nowsove is on another level nowsove is on another level now
I love the finger in the throat. When I was a teen in karate class, the sensei (I think he was 6th degree black belt in ishinryu) asked for a volunteer to demonstrate a pressure point, the one in the video. As he pressed his finger into that spot on my upper chest he said, "now watch his face." That was all I needed to hear. I decided that no matter how bad it hurt, I was going to try to avoid showing any pain. It hurt, but I kept a straight face, not moving a muscle. He kept pressing until his finger felt like it was halfway down the inside of my rib cage. I didn't budge so he finally gave up and took another volunteer. Lesson: you can't count on pressure points, even against a 14 year old.
sove is offline   Reply With Quote