Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

rich franklin news

2K views 24 replies 20 participants last post by  Pr0d1gy 
#1 ·
Update 11-14-06

Things are going well. I am taking some time away from training rather I am working on the land I bought. I am unable to train at this point, awaiting clearance from the doctor who did my surgery. I should see him the first or second week of December, and will know more about any upcoming fights at that point. It has been good to take a break from training, but it is impossible to take a break from the sport completely…with interviews and appearances.

I have become much more involved with the business side of American Fighter since my fight. We are building a fan based team website, and we are working on expanding American Fighter to much more than a clothing company.

Anderson is a great fighter, and my hats off to him. He is a class act, and I could not have lost my belt to a better man. I did not perform to the best of my capability that night, and refuse to make any excuses for a poor performance. However, it was clear that Silva was on that night…and you can’t make mistakes like that against elite fighters. This fight was much like any other fight…belt or no belt, losing sucks. I am once again a contender, and winning my next fight is my first priority. I’m not sure who I will fight next or when I will get a rematch. There are too many variables in this sport to try to make a prediction like that.

Training has been a topic of discussion within my camp, and some changes will be made for my next fight. Perhaps I am over-training…many fans believed I looked “drained” coming into the fight. If that were the case, it would have been events leading up to the fight, such as training. The weight cut went well for this fight, and becomes easier each time I make weight.

This article came from his webiste www.richfranklin.com rich is a class act and I think the changes in his training due to this fight will do nothing but make him a better fighter. I think that when you are on top it can be hard to realize what you need to work on so this was a major wake up call for rich. I look forward to his return and too see what he does different in his future fights.

See less See more
Reactions: Organik
#4 ·
Organik said:
as much as i disliked rich franklin before... i have to appreciate him... he always brings and exciting fight and is a very humble person...

i will definitely be going for him in his next fight

Hmm..Ace is a very classy person; I wouldnt' say humble. He knows how good he is and perhaps thinks he's better than he is, but he isn't retarded enough to spew that out.

#7 ·
JawShattera said:
i respect rich franklin. he probably could have made some excuse but he decided not to give his nuthuggers something to feed off which i appreciate.

Im no nuthugger but I do like Rich Franklin. I think he has shown that he was a good champ and will recover from this loss.... He hasnt made any excuses and claims that he will be back... hats off to him... now as far as who he should face ... hard to say... but im sure when he gets back he will show a better clinch defense .... Maxx

#9 ·
I still think Franklin will lose, by knockout, like I thought the first time.

#12 ·
I think Anderson over estimated Rich in that fight...and therefore it lasted an extra minute that it didnt need to last. *the first feeling out minute* then he walked in a destroyed him.

This time...I think Anderson will use his fists *which franklin hasnt seen/experienced yet* and knock him out even faster this time. Rich will spend like all his time in the clinch...and anderson just wont use it! haha hell own him in another way!

NaChOmAmA

#17 ·
lfaris said:
Update 11-14-06

Things are going well. I am taking some time away from training rather I am working on the land I bought. I am unable to train at this point, awaiting clearance from the doctor who did my surgery. I should see him the first or second week of December, and will know more about any upcoming fights at that point. It has been good to take a break from training, but it is impossible to take a break from the sport completely…with interviews and appearances.

I have become much more involved with the business side of American Fighter since my fight. We are building a fan based team website, and we are working on expanding American Fighter to much more than a clothing company.

Anderson is a great fighter, and my hats off to him. He is a class act, and I could not have lost my belt to a better man. I did not perform to the best of my capability that night, and refuse to make any excuses for a poor performance. However, it was clear that Silva was on that night…and you can’t make mistakes like that against elite fighters. This fight was much like any other fight…belt or no belt, losing sucks. I am once again a contender, and winning my next fight is my first priority. I’m not sure who I will fight next or when I will get a rematch. There are too many variables in this sport to try to make a prediction like that.

Training has been a topic of discussion within my camp, and some changes will be made for my next fight. Perhaps I am over-training…many fans believed I looked “drained” coming into the fight. If that were the case, it would have been events leading up to the fight, such as training. The weight cut went well for this fight, and becomes easier each time I make weight.

This article came from his webiste www.richfranklin.com rich is a class act and I think the changes in his training due to this fight will do nothing but make him a better fighter. I think that when you are on top it can be hard to realize what you need to work on so this was a major wake up call for rich. I look forward to his return and too see what he does different in his future fights.

I like his attitude, being real with himself and looking to improve. Still a champion in my book.

#19 ·
JWangSDC said:
Hmm..Ace is a very classy person; I wouldnt' say humble. He knows how good he is and perhaps thinks he's better than he is, but he isn't retarded enough to spew that out.
Uh, um, I thought that's what humble meant??? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

#20 ·
sherdog said:
he made no excuses! well said rich
-----------------------------------------------------------
Boy, you said it, there are many people who like to talk shit about Franklin but I have nothhing but respect for a guy who knows he got beat and makes no excuses about it.
I don't care if you like him or not, the guy has the skills and class period:thumbsup:

#21 ·
sherdog said:
he made no excuses! well said rich
-----------------------------------------------------------
Boy, you said it, there are many people who like to talk shit about Franklin but I have nothing but respect for a guy who knows he got beat and makes no excuses about it.
I don't care if you like him or not, the guy has the skills and class period:thumbsup:

#22 ·
i just have to laugh at the guys who jumped on anderson's band wagon, seems like just last year(actually 2005) that anderson was humbled at prides bad to the bone.
i wonder if the bandwagon jumpers were there to watch the progression of anderson silva or if they watched one good fight and declared him a god after he beat rich......
sometimes I think TUF has done more to hurt mma than it has done to help it simply by dragging in these drama queens (same people who watch dancing with the stars) who really dont care about the sport but more about the drama.
I just find it hard to comprahend how one could not respect rich franklin. he is humble and intelligent and now shows nothing but class in this interview. to dog the guy out now just shows a lack of class on anyones part. i would wager that the ney-sayers have never been in a combative ring of any kind. therefore cannot respect the art of grappling of any kind....

#23 ·
AxL said:
i just have to laugh at the guys who jumped on anderson's band wagon, seems like just last year(actually 2005) that anderson was humbled at prides bad to the bone.
i wonder if the bandwagon jumpers were there to watch the progression of anderson silva or if they watched one good fight and declared him a god after he beat rich......
sometimes I think TUF has done more to hurt mma than it has done to help it simply by dragging in these drama queens (same people who watch dancing with the stars) who really dont care about the sport but more about the drama.
I just find it hard to comprahend how one could not respect rich franklin. he is humble and intelligent and now shows nothing but class in this interview. to dog the guy out now just shows a lack of class on anyones part. i would wager that the ney-sayers have never been in a combative ring of any kind. therefore cannot respect the art of grappling of any kind....
Perfectly said...

#24 ·
AxL said:

That post made me want to give your nuts a nice warm hug for the team

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.