MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Breaking into M.M.A. Training Log

View Single Post

Old 08-18-2008, 01:58 PM   #11 (permalink)
illmatic
Featherweight

illmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by swpthleg View Post
How long are your jump rope and pad work intervals, respectively?
I guess i'm wondering about the specifics of your conditioning classes.

Also, have you had to cut out alcohol, or cut it way back?
Well the training before classes hasn't started yet. I'm first doing my classes and letting my body adjust then slowly adding more conditioning beforehand. Anytime we jump rope in class it's only like 12 minutes. Back in Thailand we had to do 30mins everyday and it was hell. I think as my pre class training comes into full swing, I'll be aiming to skip 30mins again because it improved my cardio dramatically. When me and my partner hit pads we usually alternate for an hour doing 8-10x3 minute rounds each, with a couple water breaks.

I've heard a few drinks when you're in maximum cardiovascular condition can really throw you off. I'm used to drinking quite often so I'm definitely cutting way down. Used to drink casually almost daily or every other day, now it's once a week, hopefully I'll be able to drop the habit completely or to just very special occasions in the near future.

Last edited by illmatic : 08-18-2008 at 02:01 PM.
illmatic is offline   Reply With Quote