Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Yuuuuuuuuuung!!!!!

2K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  Yung Boss 
#1 · (Edited)
Well I started a protein diet recently to bulk up. What I eat for breakfast is egg whites and bacon regularly but I may switch it up and supplement the bacon with franks instead. I try to limit my oil intake so I cheat with AppleJacks (yea I kno no protein and a hell of carbs)but whatever. I'd rather be packed with sugar than with cholesterol so u b the judge. I skip lunch and 4 dinner I eat whatever my mom cooks or leftovers from the day before. For snack I cheese all the way.

For my workout I'm going to change it....I'm planning on:

20pushups
200crunches
60-120 bicep curls
20 straight legged deadlifts
20 squats
80 calf raises

should work ,after all, I did pretty much use these excercises with a good feel so we'll see

other than that I'll keep u posted.........uno

#4 · (Edited)
Well do u have any suggestions (no sarcasm intended)

60-120 biceps curls is a bit excessive. Decide what look you're going for and lay out a sets / reps scheme.

By the way, sugar isn't a bad supplement to have in you when working out, it gives you the energy you need.
Well the look I am trying to get is sort of buff since the school year is coming up + I have problems in using sets n reps (I just started entering the workout world, the terms and such) so I just try to avoid sets in gen. As for the sugar I understand it's necessary for energy but I try to keep it at a minimum so I won't get fat.

#10 ·
if your trying to bulk up.......dont skip lunch.

Get some weight gainers at your local GNC if you wanna spend the money on it.

#11 ·
Today I had cereal, yes the sugary kind, for breakfast. I'm trying to watch my cholesterol so I'm keeping away from fried foods. For lunch I had rice, beans, and chicken and for snack oatmeal creampie, pop tart and doritos. Todays workout was

Perfect Pushup(20 max)
Flys(20,14,10)
Arnold Press(20,14,10)
Shoulder Shrugs(40,20,10)
Straight Legged Deadlifts(160,140,100)
Squats(80,40,20)
Bicep Curls(80,40,60)
Hammer Curls(120,100,80)

Mind you I'm using 8lb weights

#14 ·
Today I had cereal, yes the sugary kind,.....Mind you I'm using 8lb weights
Hey yung, all the time you're putting into this won't mean much in the end. An 8lb weight will only serve you as a nifty paper weight. Try to find yourself somewhere you can do pullups, and chin ups on. Try this website http://www.bodyweightculture.com/ , there might be something on there you can use. Good Luck.

#13 ·
Man, even a 30kg Vinyl weight set would have you on your bike. You are not, I am afraid to say, going to get anywhere with 8lb weights, as anything abve 20(at a stretch) reps is an endurance exercise and won't do much to stimulate hypertrophy.

In the meantime, my advice for you is to do some pullups, chinups, pistols, handstand pressups and that sort of thing.

Why exactly are you trying to watch your cholestrol? Are you above the age of 35?:confused02:

Reactions: -GSP-
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.